Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy s2 mail app

Options
  • 02-08-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

hi,

got a galaxy s2 there recently, quick question on the mail app..I have 3 accounts set up on it but when I go into the app, I always have to press refresh for it to check and download new mails...

I have background data on, what else do I need to do so tht the mail auto checks for new mails every so often?

Thanks

also..is there a decent widget for the mail app? The one I see is kinda crap!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

In the inbox of each of the email accounts, press menu, then more then account settings and choose the frequency you want it to check for emails.

I'm presuming you don't have a task killer which is killing your email app before it can check your email in the background.

I think that checking email frequently consumes a lot of battery, do you really need all three of them on your phone, if you forwarded them all to one address, or used a gmail account to retrieve them, then you would probably save a lot of battery checking 1 email account every 15mins rather than 3

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭spunk_monkey

Zagato wrote: »
    In the inbox of each of the email accounts, press menu, then more then account settings and choose the frequency you want it to check for emails.

I'm presuming you don't have a task killer which is killing your email app before it can check your email in the background.

I think that checking email frequently consumes a lot of battery, do you really need all three of them on your phone, if you forwarded them all to one address, or used a gmail account to retrieve them, then you would probably save a lot of battery checking 1 email account every 15mins rather than 3

Thanks.

I'm a bit confused...yesterday I was getting a notification sound and a little mail sign at the top left of the screen everytime I git a new mail..it was instant- just as if I got a txt, but now I have to click refresh.

Went into the settings there like you suggested and clicked every hour..thanks

Advertisement