Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo Mail App

Options
  • 02-08-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone uses this.
    My wife has a Desire and I initially set up her yahoo account within the stock email app, but read messages didn't sync with her webmail, so she would have to read them on her phone and her laptop to get rid of the unread mail count.

So then I set it up via the yahoo app instead, this syncs with her webmail account perfectly, but despite having notifications switched to on, it never seems to notify for new emails, only refreshes when I open the app manually. There are no task killers on the phone. It's a bit annoying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I use that app as well but i have notifications turned off.
    I assume as long as you have the tick box enabled then it should work, but if it doesnt, go into your sync settings and make sure its enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Zagato wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone uses this.
    My wife has a Desire and I initially set up her yahoo account within the stock email app, but read messages didn't sync with her webmail, so she would have to read them on her phone and her laptop to get rid of the unread mail count.

So then I set it up via the yahoo app instead, this syncs with her webmail account perfectly, but despite having notifications switched to on, it never seems to notify for new emails, only refreshes when I open the app manually. There are no task killers on the phone. It's a bit annoying

I use the yahoo app too. I find the only way that the mail gets pushed is not to exit the app.You need to leave it running in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Odd, mine notifies me of new mail when I switch my phone on so the app would not have been running at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Odd, mine notifies me of new mail when I switch my phone on so the app would not have been running at any time.

You would expect that the app is designed to start automatically at boot and run in the background for notifications to work.

I might uninstall and do a fresh install again (will have to bide my time and quietly steal her phone though, as she doesn't really appreciate me tinkering with it)

Good to know that it does work properly though

Advertisement