Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaping at festivals

• 02-08-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

So off I went to the indiependence festival last friday all happy and ready, brought my new battery mod, 2 spare ego batteries, juice and dual coil cartos..... disaster!!!!

On the first night I lost my battery mod :mad::mad: spent ages looking for it drunk in the dark (its was a big bright red yoke) but no joy.

Then on the saturday I brought a spare ego battery with me to buy food and it must have fallen out of my pocket cause I lost that too :mad::mad:

Wouldn't take it anywhere with me on Sunday so only used it at the campsite but then lost my juice!!!!!

Thankfully I found the juice when we were packing up yesterday. So down to only one battery, had to buy another today but getting an Arry tank too so im ok. Not happy but ok :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

That's festivals for ya, gotta expect to lose everything... property, freinds, mind, grip on reality etc
    When I was smoking cigs I used to buy a clipper lighter and put it on a string around my neck to prevent panic at festivals.

I have an ego t, so I might go for a pouch/holder around the neck and a couple of carts filled with juice in my pockets/tent...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

brought mine down to indiependence too , and happily it lasted all weekend, with steady use! smoked 2 smokes in comparison to the 40 i would normally accept! :)

Lost my car keys for a while though!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

festesio wrote: »
    brought mine down to indiependence too , and happily it lasted all weekend, with steady use! smoked 2 smokes in comparison to the 40 i would normally accept! :)

Lost my car keys for a while though!

Lucky you, im still cracking up over it, I wasn't even that drunk, they just slipped out of my pocket and it was too dark to find them :(:(

RIP Kevin (thats his name)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Okay, gonna resurrect this thread as an update/warning for those who have heavy/box mods and are heading to Electric Picnic, or any festival thereafter.

Went to Indiependence recently... (squiggly flashback visuals)

First day, got through search at all points and times, no real problems.
    "What's that?"
    "Ecig, 3-day battery."
    "Oh, cool."

Second day, search-man says "I'm gonna have to check this with the medic...", so I followed him over to her, explained what it was & why it's bigger than the cigalike ecigs - got waved in with a smile. Woo!

Third day, got through the initial search again, but on the way out of the campsite a few hours later, entering the gig-arena:
    "What's that?"
    "An electronic cigarette, 3-day battery."
    "Nope, not getting in with that."
    "So I have to smoke? How come?"
    "You could hop that off somebody's head." *raps it off the table*
    "I could hop my phone off someone's head, and it has glass in it. That thing cost me €100 - I'm not gonna want to waste it on someone's head."
    "Look pal, it's not getting in, so you can either bring it back to your tent or it's going in the bin."
    "Fine. Thanks for the smoking."

Luckily, on my way back to the tent I met a friend who stuck it in her bra (boobs can't get searched, who knew?), and I had vapalicious last night.

TL;DR
    Moral of the story: if you have a heavy-ish mod that's heavier than a phone, and you don't have or your friend doesn't have a legitimate pair of breasts, bring something smaller/more lightweight, or an MCD security-person might act like an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Another 'give a man a hat' story:rolleyes:
    Things like festivals really make the whole mod thing awkward. Are we back to a pcc with disposable carts and 2 180mAh batts? sort of the festival phone of ecigs.

• Advertisement

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Are we back to a pcc with disposable carts and 2 180mAh batts? sort of the festival phone of ecigs.

I really hope not. I pretty much wanted a dual-18650 mod because I need to forget about charging for long periods of time, whether at a festival or clubbing abroad.
    An in-law in-the-know is asking the security company about their stance so it can be clarified for me, or us (but yeah, me, really), so hopefully I get an update.
    Apparently EP uses a few security companies, so I'm gonna fire off some questions once I get an answer back, to narrow down what is an "acceptable weight-range" for an ecig.
    iPhone="Okay, bring it in."
    Two iPhones="Nope, not getting in."
    I have the tech to stick two iPhones together.
    00480991_medium.jpg
    Voila. Deadly weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Near 1000 yoyo's worth of missile their, should get the dep of defense to cover the cost.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Near 1000 yoyo's worth of missile their, should get the dep of defense to cover the cost.

Ireland's Dept. of Defence?

Will it cover the cost?

P1CZVS

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I had a bit of bother getting two egos in to the RDS, security guard was a bit weary and wanted to ask his manager if it was possible to bring em in, fight broke out in the que, shouted at me 'stick em in your pocket, I didn't see em'

Job

Advertisement