Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSPCA Toxic

Options
  • 02-08-2011 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

A friend of mine went into the Pound in Mahon recently to adopt a dog.She found the atmosphere toxic. The woman in charge was rude when she asked about a particular dog.The woman in charge knew nothing about the dog and resented any questions.When asked about another dog she threw her eyes up and got irritated and said "do you want a dog or not"?.It is not fair to the dogs as my friend left in a very upset state and said that she felt so awful about the dogs in there but she just had to leave the place.:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Whats your issue or query though?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Dinky22

Hi andreac.It is very important to deal with a likeable person and to see what people's needs are when adopting a dog.The woman has an attitude.This would not be tolerated in DSPCA.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

If your friend is looking for a service that matches dogs to potential owners I would recommend any of the reputable rescues in Cork. The purpose of pounds is clean up of strays off the streets and dealing with unwanted surrenders. Unlike the DSPCA, their function is animal control not animal welfare or re-homing unfortunately.

There doesn't seem to be an actual purpose to this thread now that you have made your point so I'm locking it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement