Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

huawei x5 , data not working

Options
  • 02-08-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

ive recently returned to ireland for a couple of weeks from australia and put an o2 sim into my huawei ideos x5 phone , i can make calls and text no problem but i cant use data at all unless im connected to a wifi network , i have all the data settings enabled and it was working fine before i left oz , i was on the vodafone network in oz ,

anyone any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

daftdave wrote: »
    ive recently returned to ireland for a couple of weeks from australia and put an o2 sim into my huawei ideos x5 phone , i can make calls and text no problem but i cant use data at all unless im connected to a wifi network , i have all the data settings enabled and it was working fine before i left oz , i was on the vodafone network in oz ,

anyone any ideas ??

have you entered the o2 apn info? these would be different from the info you had when connected to vodafone oz.

o2 internet and mms settings:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59855423&postcount=34

Press the Menu key
    Tap Settings
    Tap Wireless controls
    Tap Mobile networks
    Tap Access Point Names
    Press the Menu key
    Tap New APN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

daftdave wrote: »

anyone any ideas ??

Disclaimer - Am not on O2 so forgive any stupid suggestions

Does your sim have to be activated to use data? You could check by putting it in another phone?

If this isn't the problem then it is most likely a problem with the APN. As I don't think this phone has been sold in Ireland, the firmware probably doesn't have O2 APN settings, and you would need to enter them manually

Advertisement