Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Nursing Studies

Options
  • 02-08-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I hope someone can shed some light on this for me please.
    I would like to do the FETAC nursing studies course and attempt to get into UCD to do midwifery next year.
    I understand it is very competitive but Im willing to give it a go.
    I have an arts degree from UCD so im presuming ill have to pay to do midwifery if I get in????
    Can i apply through the CAO (i think i have enough LC points) as a mature student and also through FETAC?
    Where is the best place to study? I am working full time so need to do it part time. I have seen that the Abbey College provide a distance learning course and you arrange your work experience yourself. Is this a well recognised provider?
    If I was to do it part time i have looked at the progressive college in Blackrock Dublin. Anyone have any feedback on this course?
    Also do you need to sit the exams all in one go or can you do them as you complete the modules?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

You can apply using both your LC and FETAC results - howver you will have to pay full fees since you already hold a degree.

Check out the Nursing modules on the www.fetac.ie website for full content so you will see that it is part continuous assessment and part exam.

Be warned that you must complete your modules in one sitting ie at one FETAC examination period and not in stages as this is a requirement of the universities for entry to Nursing Studies. You will need to see if by doing it part-time that the FE provider does not enter you for certification as you compelte a module as FETAC have at least 4 periods in the year when providers can request certification.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Saoirsef

You will have to sit the assessment test aswell and pass it, then and only then will the cao look at making an offer with LC results/Fetac etc..

http://www.careerservices.ie/nursing/about-hpat-ireland.php?id=12

Advertisement