Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a GOOD set list? Ideas

Options
  • 02-08-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

People,
    What would be considered a GOOD setlist, covers, taking in all sorts for say a 2 hour gig.
    It would have to be, I assume, crossing all genres, young/old, pop/rock/country etc, new/classic.....
    No off beat "personal favourites" thrown in, where the paying punters/bar owner who pays you at the end of the night, have not a clue what the song is?:rolleyes:
    Easy/quick to play/learn.

Any ideas from the Mottley Crew of musos here to get a heads up on what goes down:D
    All ideas welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

best advice i can give is to go and see a similar band, and see what reaction their set list gets. If you are aiming towards 18-30 age bracket, have a look at Blue Moose, Guerilla Radio, White Water, Big Generator, AdamsLocker.... the big cover bands. Another idea is when you are in a pub with a jukebox, look at the most played songs.

For all ages, can go wrong with acdc, elvis, beatles, KOL, killers, script, gnr, lady gaga....... pretty much any big hit over the last 50 years that has a good beat. id stay away from the power ballads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

Here's some that would probably get you gigs

Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
    Walking on the Moon - The Police
    Dancing In the Moonlight - Thin Lizzy
    Mr Jones - Counting Crows
    No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 whiteknucles

Neil Young, Green Day, Snow Patrol, Pink Floyd (Wish...)
    etc. Not all my cup of tea but easy enough to play.

Advertisement