Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What game should i get first

Options
  • 01-08-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

plz vote im playing on 360 and i have live

what game ? 43 votes

Battlefield 3
    0% 0 votes
    Modern Warfare 3
    100% 43 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

from all the reports BF3 is blowing MW3 out of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

It all depends.

The MW fanboy's will say MW3

Same with BF.

I say rent both and base your opinion off that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Skerries wrote: »
    from all the reports BF3 is blowing MW3 out of the water

You mean BF3 PC version is blowing MW3 console version out of the water and rightly so. I saw one video of the PS3 version of BF3 and it looked...alright, as does MW3. I would wait for the verdict on BF3 console version if your strapped for cash and can only pick up the one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fanboys...i choose you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Depends on what system, but i'll probably get both for pc will play MW3 for the single player( I like the Michael Bay action in these games) for multiplayer there is only 1 real choice and thats BW3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hahahahahaa lol at results when i voted. BF 10, COD 0.

one of the lads got an alpha entry key. He said its just pure awesome! He had acount since bf1942 so no way i will get one :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

BF3 is shaping up to be a beauty of a game in my view. I will end up buying both, but BF3 will be the priority for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Why have milk when you can have ice-cream ?

I allways think that I will get bouth, but then I get reminded about elite.... Back to only bf3 so.

I had a few games on oc last night of bc2, and I still can't get over how nice it looks. If I cam trust my friend, then bf3 looks even better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

MW3 by a mile

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll get Battlefield 3. Havent enjoyed the last two Modern Warfare's, and there's not much that i've seen in the latest one to make me want to get it. I'll admit to not liking the series though (more to not liking Activision if i'm being honest), and have always preferred the Battlefield series.

Can you still play multiplayer fully without elite ****? As for tue videos I watched it's basically all statistics that you could get in black ops, but this time you pay for it. Something about maps too.

I would get mw3 if it go on sale, but I doubt it will ever happen as they are greedy ****s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Genuine question now, not looking to troll. But what's new in the MW3 multiplayer?

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Genuine question now, not looking to troll. But what's new in the MW3 multiplayer?

Same ****, different day?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

New and improved racial slurs from the player base I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I donno.. whats new about BF3 ? :P

Tbh.. i'll get BF3 first but only because its being released first... im looking forward to MW3 tho, i'll hold judgement until i get my hands on it. Apparently they're going back to the gun on gun gameplay of CoD4 so that'll be good.

BF3 looks awesome but again i'll wait until i get it on the PS3 before judging it (I've no doubt it'll be awesome on PC tho).

So yeah poll is slightly silly because im sure alot of people are getting both, and since BF3 is coming out first... obviously going to be ahead of MW3.. especially on this forum :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

BF3's focus is on PC and any console version of it is going to be hobbled. It's scope is bigger than MW3, vehicles and all that jazz will come into play and I'd imagine, based on previous offerings, the maps will be considerably bigger than the standard MW fare. But MW has always had a better "pick up and play" feel to it I think, and certainly seems to thrive better on a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Do you prefer arcade shooters or tacticle shooters?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bensen1296

Thank you everyone ill probally get bf3 now thx for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Do you prefer arcade shooters or tacticle shooters?

They're both arcade shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Get modern field 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

No way man, get Battle Warfare!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

They're both arcade shooters.
    I'm not trying to claim BF is on the same level as ARMA but it's higher up on the tactical scale that CoD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ill probably end up buying both, but BF3 is my focus.

Ill be getting BF3 on Launch, and will wait a few months to get MW3.. As ill be playing BF3 to death... and wont have time for other games... (except maybe Skyrim.. maybe).

MW3 will be more about the single player for me, and maybe that new horde mode they have going on.. While I enjoy the COD multi player, it just has that headless chicken style of play. (IE: no proper teamwork mechanics). I'm all about the team play... :D

Advertisement