Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewpubs/craft beer in London

Options
  • 01-08-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

I have a day to myself in London coming up shortly and looking for a nice place not far from Liverpool Street area.I'll be by myself so looking for a comfortable, quiet place, with food and maybe showing the football.I'm also Looking for a nice craft beer menu.

Any tips please
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

What day will you be there? A lot of pubs in the City close at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

BeerNut wrote: »
    What day will you be there? A lot of pubs in the City close at weekends.

I will be there on a Sunday. I have a feeling you have bad news for me Beernut;)

Was going to suggest Craft Beer Co, but they're shut on Sundays. So are the Jerusalem and the Gunmaker's. Draft House down on Tower Bridge is open. Me I'd be going down to Borough, to the Royal Oak and Market Porter, but I wouldn't be looking for football.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

might be something in the CAMRA website.
    http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=london

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jjanderton

hi there...

You can try this list which personally I suggest you, I like these pubs very most, whenever i go for my business visits i prefer to spend my time in these pubs.

1) The Wenlock Arms, Hoxton

2)The Harp, Covent Garden

it is an impressive place. A superb number of handpumps (I think almost thirteen or fourteen - seriously) with lots of different ales and a large number of ciders too and at last Enjoy your weekend...

Regards J :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

jjanderton wrote: »
    1) The Wenlock Arms, Hoxton

Do you get a cab to it or risk walking though the area ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jjanderton

oblivious wrote: »
    Do you get a cab to it or risk walking though the area ? ;)

Ha Ha Obviously by a cab dear... i suggest him the good pubs in the london :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Exactly how far is 'not far' from Liverpool Street? A 2 mile walk, or a quick tube trip would get you to a lot of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I liked the Rake but they don't have a telly, would be a handy one to do if you go to Borough Market as the Beernut suggests.
    http://www.timeout.com/london/bars/venue/2%3A15202/rake
    Pints can be a bit expensive but they have a really good selection.

I liked the Rake
    Dunno if it opens Sundays. You'd want to check. Though if you're at the Market Porter anyway it's just a question of sticking your head around the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

according to the timeout review it does open on sundays.

noby wrote: »
    Exactly how far is 'not far' from Liverpool Street? A 2 mile walk, or a quick tube trip would get you to a lot of places.

Hi Noby

A two mile radius would be fairly spot on.

I am going to be spending several hours at the Imperial War Museum which is near Elephant and Castle Tube station and my hotel is back at Liverpool St. All in all I only have about 10 hours of free time to myself including my museum visit so really want to make the most of it

BeerNut wrote: »
    Dunno if it opens Sundays. You'd want to check. Though if you're at the Market Porter anyway it's just a question of sticking your head around the corner.

The Market Porter looks like a really nice pub. I think I will for sure have a couple of ales in there

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    The Market Porter looks like a really nice pub. I think I will for sure have a couple of ales in there
    The BrewWharf brewpub is just a couple of yards further down the street and is worth a look -- they make some great beers there, though it's hidjously expensive. I think they have a TV, though.

Advertisement