Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best grandstand for Australian GP 2012?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Going to book a Four Corner Package for next year's race in Melbourne. Anyone done this before? Have only done GA before. Which is better option:
    1-fangio (sun), brabham (sat), clark (fri), jones (thurs)
    Or
    2-jones (sun), clark (sat), brabham (fri), fangio (thurs)

Both are the same price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

am looking at this for my first GP also. We'll be living in NZ so it's a viable weekend trip to go see it.

what the details of package mention above please, where'd you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Its the Four Corners option in Gold GP Advantage. Got brochure in the mail as we'd gone GA this year. There are 4 options ranging from $390 to $440.

You should get more info on www.grandprix.com.au

Now just to decide which option to go for...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Well I know where I'll be March 15-18 2012!! Purchased the Fangio Four Corner package.

Here is a link showing layout of stands etc:
    http://albertpark.v8supercars.com.au/Portals/v8/RadEditor/Documents/AlbertPark/Home/AGP%20Circuit%20Map.pdf

If you buy before a cut off date you get some extras such as a Behind the Scenes Day (pit walks, interviews etc on Thursday).

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

I was at the 2009 Australian GP.

I found Clark/9&10 to be the best corner/viewing point. We only had GA tickets, but spent the full 4 days down there and I checked out every viewing point I could !

You've got a good view of them coming in, slowing for the 2 corners, and heading away from it. You also have the big screen. Make sure to bring a radio (or your phone) and headphones so you can tune into the commentary too.

Enjoy it mate, lucky bugger !

Advertisement