Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experienced Rooters/Flashers want to earn a few bob today?

Options
  • 01-08-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering would anyone be available for whatever time it takes today to guide my friend and I via MSN/IM/Skype on flashing the most suitable ROM and possibly rooting if required 3 HTC Desire (not S or HD etc, just the regular Desire) phones as discussed here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056267376

Thought I'd be able to find somebody in that thread but no feedback yet and I'm looking to get this done asap on the 3 phones so if anyone feels they know the process and can troubleshoot and problems that may crop up with ease, please let me know and how much you'd be expecting per hour or just a fixed fee possibly. We'll be doing the 3 phones at once and putting the same ROM etc on them all, I'm not sure which of them would need to be rooted, if any, but we may as well do all 3 the same.

Please take time to read the above thread to understand what I'm looking for too if you're up for the task :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I could prob give you a hand with this later.

Would recommend flashing CM7 above all other ROMs, personally speaking it was far and away the best ROM I ever had on my Desire, battery life was awesome compared to stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for that, I think CM7 was the one that came out trumps from the thread I linked to aswell so I'd probably go with that one :) do you think you'd have availability some time today at all to go through the process over IM? When I say go through, I mean guide through the whole process from downloading of rom file to completion and being on IM the whole time :)

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I think CM7 was the one that came out trumps from the thread I linked to aswell so I'd probably go with that one :) do you think you'd have availability some time today at all to go through the process over IM? When I say go through, I mean guide through the whole process from downloading of rom file to completion and being on IM the whole time :)

Aye I would, it would be this evening though, sadly as I work for a Multinational I have to work today as its only a bank holiday in Ireland and nowhere else in the world. :mad:

Damn, my friend will be in work then himself so it may not be possible. If anyone else offers for this afternoon, I may have to go with them, if not, I'm sure we can arrange something suitable :)

Damn, my friend will be in work then himself so it may not be possible. If anyone else offers for this afternoon, I may have to go with them, if not, I'm sure we can arrange something suitable :)

Its very easy.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=788044

You simply follow that guide for root and custom recovery, and then flash CM7 from the custom recovery.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link but as all 3 phones are different, and I haven't a clue about this kind of thing, I'd prefer just to be guided through the necessary processes for each phone by an experienced helper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

XDA will have a very detailed but simple to follow guide for whatever phone you need. Honestly,if you follow XDA step by step you will have no problem doing it.

Thanks again for that, but when it's 3 different phones to flash, backup and possibly root in the same sitting with my friend and I together, I'd prefer just to have an expert at hand incase of any troubleshooting who can guide us through the whole process and we can be safe in the knowledge or phones will be back functioning again within an hour or so.

Could be free around 11:30 this evening with my friend if that suits Inquitus? What's your fee? :P

Thanks again for that, but when it's 3 different phones to flash, backup and possibly root in the same sitting with my friend and I together, I'd prefer just to have an expert at hand incase of any troubleshooting who can guide us through the whole process and we can be safe in the knowledge or phones will be back functioning again within an hour or so.

Could be free around 11:30 this evening with my friend if that suits Inquitus? What's your fee? :P

No fee, just pm me a gtalk id I can ping you on at 11.30pm

Have PM'd you but I don't htink I'll be able to do it this evening now at this stage, whenever suits you :)

• Advertisement

Big thanks to Inquitus for the help! He spent a long time yesterday helping me through every step of the process with troubleshooting and everything! Thanks again!

Advertisement