Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Sat

Options
  • 31-07-2011 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw an ad on TV for this and thought it was worth posting to see what people think (I know it isn't going to be much use before I even start as it is satellite broadband).

http://qsat.ie/say-hello-to-q-sat/

T&C here (24 month contract :eek: ):
    http://qsat.ie/terms-and-conditions/
    14 DAY NO QUIBBLE GUARANTEE. We have so much faith in our next generation state of the art satellite broadband. television and telephone service offering, that we are prepared to guarantee you, the purchaser, that if you are not entirely satisfied with the product up to 14 days of the signed installation date and you advise us of such, either by e mail or by registered post within the stipulated 14 days, we will remove the equipment from your premises and return your money to you in full.

Here is hoping this doesn't negatively affect Nial Quinn's name if it doesn't work out as he expects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Misleading and inaccurate advertising on so many levels.

Better to go with an established Satellite Internet company if you need Satellite Internet.

The cap is really low. 2Gbyte on all packages.

They can't offer anything that others don't offer, except inexperience.

They are charging subscription for FREE channels!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ciog52

watty wrote: »
    Misleading and inaccurate advertising on so many levels.

Better to go with an established Satellite Internet company if you need Satellite Internet.

The cap is really low. 2Gbyte on all packages.

They can't offer anything that others don't offer, except inexperience.

They are charging subscription for FREE channels!

Just saw TV ad, tried their website. It does not work. Very bad start and prices seem high

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Dear Niall,

Why should I pay for the free state run service (yes thats what saor in saorview means), when my LG lcd picks it up just fine without your claimed €160 aeriel and without your €49.50 box, which is only 49c cheaper than Argos's lowest priced Bush box? Ps i live in the back arse of beyond and only need a rabbit ears antenna. And a "nightsaver" package sounds ridiculous, although those that would use it (illegal downloaders) could set their torrents up to work between these hours.

Il stick with my freesat-saorview-meteor(25gb allowance) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Apparently there is a 5 Gbyte cap on highest package you can buy extra cap. Still ludicrous even compared to other satellite providers.

Main thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73644147#post73644147

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

just seen the ad and looked at website total fail imo,and the line on the homepage,another fail "we are expecting high demand so sign up"
    hard luck there lads

Advertisement