Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What insulation to use with a metal shed?

Options
  • 31-07-2011 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I have a metal shed (13ft x 15ft approx). To insulate it, I am considering using 50mm insulation board (stuff with metal foil on both sides).

Is this a suitable material to use, or could you suggest something else. I intend to have a space between the sheet metal and the insulation board, as condensation could build up on the sheet metal in the winter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Munster64 wrote: »
    I have a metal shed (13ft x 15ft approx). To insulate it, I am considering using 50mm insulation board (stuff with metal foil on both sides).

Is this a suitable material to use, or could you suggest something else. I intend to have a space between the sheet metal and the insulation board, as condensation could build up on the sheet metal in the winter.

In a similar situation I used 9 mm exterior ply. It was much cheaper than plasterboard and it insulates well. It also means that things like shelves or power sockets etc can be screwed to it anywhere -- no need to locate battens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Munster64

Thanks art6, that is something i could consider

Advertisement