Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying contacts from Symbian to Android Device

Options
  • 31-07-2011 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have just ordered a Galaxy S2 and im making the long overdue move from Symbian to Android. Just wondering what is the best way to get all my contacts across to my new phone?
    I currently have the SE Satio, and have my phone Synced with the Sony Ericsson website, but I presume thats only of use if I was moving to another SE handset?

I have heard that you can sync your gmail contacts on the phone, would it just be best if I put the time in adding all my numbers to my gmail address? Or possibly try export them to Outlook from my phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I copied my contacts from my old Nokia direct to Gmail by using sync for exchange pointed at my Google account settings. There might be a similar app for your phone. Backup Gmail contacts before,during and after just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭long_b

Try Sync Lion in OviStore - syncs pretty much everything

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magvad

I exported my contacts to a .vcf file to the sd card. Options -> copy to memory card... then you can easily import them to your new phone

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I have Symbian (Nokia E55) and Android (HTC Desire) phones, I use Nokia Ovi Suite and HTC Sync to sync both of them with Outlook contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

http://leetstreet.net/blog/2011/05/nokia/

this worked a treat, thanks for the help everyone

Advertisement