Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet neutered

Options
  • 31-07-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm on job seekers and my elderly neighbours passed away leaving her gorgeous german shepard to me.

He's mental and attacks any female dog in sight.
    I was at Ross's point today and had to go home early 'cause he's just too crazy.

So I want to get him neutered.

Does any one know for sure is there any help for js recipients with regards to this?

Help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Dogs Trust do vouchers so that people in receipt of certain social welfare payments can get their dogs neutered/spayed for €20, but they only issue a limited number of vouchers, as as these come out in spring, I doubt that you'd find any vets with any left. However, it would be worth phoning around to see.

Is it only female dogs that he attacks? Thats odd, usually dogs will attack other dogs of the same gender. Or do you not mean attack, as in bite? Rather, you have a randy boy on your hands?:D

I don't know if you are aware, but there is a law that states that certain breeds, including GSDs have to be muzzled and on a lead when in public, if your dog is causing problems with other dogs, and isn't meeting those conditions, the warden might come and have a word with you, or even take the dog off you. I don't agree with the law, but just in case you weren't aware of it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I would ring around the local vets and see, these vouchers are hard to find.
    You might at the very least get a vet that offers a payment plan, other option is to open a credit union account and start saving what you can, this can also be handy if the dog gets sick or needs his vacc's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eeme

ISDW wrote: »
    Dogs Trust do vouchers so that people in receipt of certain social welfare payments can get their dogs neutered/spayed for €20, but they only issue a limited number of vouchers, as as these come out in spring, I doubt that you'd find any vets with any left. However, it would be worth phoning around to see.

Is it only female dogs that he attacks? Thats odd, usually dogs will attack other dogs of the same gender. Or do you not mean attack, as in bite? Rather, you have a randy boy on your hands?:D

I don't know if you are aware, but there is a law that states that certain breeds, including GSDs have to be muzzled and on a lead when in public, if your dog is causing problems with other dogs, and isn't meeting those conditions, the warden might come and have a word with you, or even take the dog off you. I don't agree with the law, but just in case you weren't aware of it:)

Sorry, should have made it a tad clearer, he doesn't bite. Just a big perv!!
    I asked around today and looks like I will be paying over €150 to have him neutered :( very exp. I love him though, it's hard to come up with that kind of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

eeme wrote: »
    Sorry, should have made it a tad clearer, he doesn't bite. Just a big perv!!
    I asked around today and looks like I will be paying over €150 to have him neutered :( very exp. I love him though, it's hard to come up with that kind of money!

Where abouts are you? perhaps another poster can help recommend a vet who is reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

I'm on job seekers and my elderly neighbours passed away leaving her gorgeous german shepard to me.

He's mental and attacks any female dog in sight.
    I was at Ross's point today and had to go home early 'cause he's just too crazy.

Does any one know for sure is there any help for js recipients with regards to this?

Try ringing the veteniary colleges. I know a fella who got either a freebie or a very small fee applied. Try UCD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I know with the WSPCA (Westmeath) if you are not working, they pay 45% of the cost and you have to pay the remainder.

Not sure if this is the same with all SPCA's but worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

Try blue cross

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey OP. Ring your local vet and ask if they have Dog's Trust vouchers in the practice. You can get your dog neutered for €20 or maybe it could be a bit more. :)

Advertisement