Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In b4 teh m0dz0rs

Options
  • 31-07-2011 12:39pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭

:pac:

Serious suggestion though, prefixes for different colleges ( [Mary I], [Hibernia], [St. Pat's], [Marino], [Froebel] ) could be useful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Huh? Where is this forum hiding?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Is this Narnia?!

I should have gone ahead and posted yesterday:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

looksee wrote: »
    Huh? Where is this forum hiding?

It'll be in the Edu category eventually. Probably after people recover from the long weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I'm hugely confused Ted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

This is a great idea. Well done Mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

dambarude wrote: »
    Is this Narnia?!

I should have gone ahead and posted yesterday:pac:

Aslan here.

Wahs da story bud?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

<_<

>_>

This place needs a Charter. I can spam here all I like until it gets a Charter! :pac:

1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg
    It'll be interesting to see how the Arts/ECCE/Postgrad Mary I issue is resolved, given the title of the forum.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

+1

also the people in Contemporary Living course, plus the Foundation course in Theology and Religious Studies, plus the Foundation certificate for Mature Learners, plus the Certificate on the Social Inclusion of Asylum Seekers, Refugees and Migrants, plus the Certificate in Youth and Community Work, plus the people in the Ennis Regional Learning Centre and the Downtown Centre!

Let them eat cake eh???

:confused:

dambarude wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how the Arts/ECCE/Postgrad Mary I issue is resolved, given the title of the forum.

Yeah, change the forum name.

Maybe "Teacher Training Colleges" instead of what it is. Otherwise it totally misses the point of the request thread from which it was born.

• Advertisement

^^^ That's a really good idea. As it stand it sounds like it's aimed solely at people asking questions about honours Irish and postgrads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Quick, somebody call Joe Duffy and highlight this abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Could there also be a Secondary Teacher Training forum?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

sitstill wrote: »
    Could there also be a Secondary Teacher Training forum?!

That's pretty well covered with Teaching and Lecturing. My impression of this forum is that it was created for those in the primary teaching colleges to discuss their colleges and college life, like, for example, the NUIG forum is used for NUIG students to talk about college.

I think it might be worth renaming this forum to the names of the colleges tbh, or something that makes it more obvious what it is.

Edit: Or Primary Teacher Training Colleges

Personally I think a Mary I forum should have been created and then the other colleges could have one if they requested it and got enough people behind it.

Personally I think a Mary I forum should have been created and then the other colleges could have one if they requested it and got enough people behind it.

Given the fact that a name for the forum can't even be decided, I'm holding out hope that this may still happen. (fingers crossed!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

Just seeing this now, I like it, seen as I tried to get a St.Pats forum this time last year. It might not be what I was looking for but its a nice move forward.. Somewhere Pats people can write in rather than in the DCU forum, and leaving certs can get all there Qs answered..

Oh, and the Mary I, Froebel, Marino, Church of Ireland and Hibernia heads! :p

Looking for any mods/charter writers???:o

In exactly whose hands is this forum atm? Cmods or Admin? Or both?

It'd be great to have something concrete set up pretty soon before colleges start back. A whole lot of people will be getting CAO offers next week and it would be great if people could be directed here if the forum was properly running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

+1

Great that the primary teacher training finally has a forum but whats the point if its not going to be run properly?

Love if this could be sorted before September teaching practice and the new term.. Be a nice place for those doing TP to discuss lesson plans, schemes, get help on resources etc.

fearbainne wrote: »
    +1

Great that the primary teacher training finally has a forum but whats the point if its not going to be run properly?

Love if this could be sorted before September teaching practice and the new term.. Be a nice place for those doing TP to discuss lesson plans, schemes, get help on resources etc.

Just to give ye a heads-up (and I hope the Admins won't mind me saying so) but there's a massive work:available admins ratio at the moment. As such, some major jobs have to be given priority over "little" issues like getting this forum in order*. It could be a few weeks before everything is sorted out here.

The best bet in the mean time is to just post here as you would anywhere else. The same site-wide guidelines apply everywhere, even if the Charter for this forum isn't up yet. Get a few regular threads going, start sharing resources and advice, whatever. The posts will still be here even if the name changes later. :)

(*my words, to describe the situation simply, not an official line from anyone. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Let's try this again. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement