Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamescom 2011?

Options
  • 31-07-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭

Just over two weeks away now. Anyone heading over ? A good crew of us heading from Bone-idle/Limerick.

Booked in to Microsofts play day, EA and Sony's press Conferences.

Hands on with The Vita Wednesday morning followed by 2 or 3 hours with Bethseda and their four upcoming games, Uncharted 3 in the evening.

EA and Ubisoft behind closed doors game time and Resistance 3 and Pay day the heist on Thursday organised so far plenty more to sort out over the next week or so.

What are you looking forward to?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

With a Valve noshow at E3 it should be interesting to see what they're up to with DotA2 and anything else they might be showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

1) PS3 pricedrop

2) 3rd Party Vita games (doubtful, but maybe!)

3) Moar Uncharted 3 godliness

4) BF3

5) Skyrim

That's about it i thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

1. EU Vita release date.
    2. Actual confirmation regarding Half Life 2: Episode 3.
    That's...that's pretty much it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Promised with my friends that after we missed last year we would go this year....cut to a month ago and "No monies" all round :(

Wish I was going, tons of new Guild Wars 2 stuff is being shown, including playable demo areas of the last 2 races, Sylvari and Asura.

Also since I just started League of Legends, some DOTA2 news would be nice to see what Valve are doing with it, since they have a knack for crafting new experiences out of old genres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Surely the PS3 & the 360 will both get a price cut both are coming to the end of their cycle & will need one final push.
    PS Vita will get a release date if its out over here in 2011 but I can see a early 2012 date for the west with such a competitive Christmas market it'd might be a bit risky to release it late this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Where is Gamescon held?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

GTR63 wrote: »
    Surely the PS3 & the 360 will both get a price cut both are coming to the end of their cycle & will need one final push.
    PS Vita will get a release date if its out over here in 2011 but I can see a early 2012 date for the west with such a competitive Christmas market it'd might be a bit risky to release it late this year.

360 price cut is unlikely as they're releasing a kinect star wars bundle for the holiday season at the current price.

PS3 cut is likely, between 50 and 100 with people saying that 50 would barely be noticed and 100 would give it remarkable momentum for Christmas, especially with uncharted 3 coming up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Relics new rts is also being announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Two interesting games being detailed by Paradox;

Salem: An online crafting game with permadeath.
    Naval War Arctic Circle: A modern/near-future naval strategy based in an Arctic Circle that has melted and is being fought over for resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Battlefield 3. That is all....

well maybe some smatterings of Batman: AC, F1 2011 and UC3 will keep me interested too :p

But mainly Battlefield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Hoping for a GTA V announcement that wont happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Battlefield 3. That is all....

well maybe some smatterings of Batman: AC, F1 2011 and UC3 will keep me interested too :p

But mainly Battlefield.
    Please be conquest and 64 players with everything thrown in, i wanna see the mayhem. i think they'll have an ace up their sleeve aswell. people really will be blown away with this game only bits shown is childplays compared to what it will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,324 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

its nearly 4 years since HL:E2 came out, surely they must be making a new game by now rather than another episode?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i need DotA2!!!!! can they at least give me some screenshots :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Skerries wrote: »
    its nearly 4 years since HL:E2 came out, surely they must be making a new game by now rather than another episode?
    they did release some side story: Portal 1/2. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

There may be something about Borderlands 2 on show so that has now joined BF3 on the top step of the podium

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Skerries wrote: »

I think i read in an interview that they were skipping episode 3 at this stage.

Price drop on the PS3 would be highly dependant on current production cost, i doubt they'll want to go back to selling at anywhere near a loss.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

1) PS3 pricedrop

2) 3rd Party Vita games (doubtful, but maybe!)

3) Moar Uncharted 3 godliness

4) BF3

5) Skyrim

That's about it i thinks...

yeah tahts about it

APART FROM THE MILLION DOLLAR DOTA 2 TOURNAMENT

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've 31 hours worth of press conferences, hands on presentations and interviews organised for 3 1/2 days, its going to be some week but i won't have anytime on the show floor bar an hour or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I got an email from Sony for an invite to their 'VIP area at Gamescom' to skip the queues and try out the PSVita. I'm not going but I could get the e-ticket and send it the way of a Boardsie who will be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

GothPunk wrote: »
    I got an email from Sony for an invite to their 'VIP area at Gamescom' to skip the queues and try out the PSVita. I'm not going but I could get the e-ticket and send it the way of a Boardsie who will be there?
    Ohhhh. What a shame for me not to go to Germany, right about now. I'd kill for a playthough of the console.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'll be there. Hoping to claim the title of 'tallest Irishman at the meet.'

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

5uspect wrote: »
    How about new Counter-Strike?

Advertisement