Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SRC G36c upgrades

Options
  • 31-07-2011 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a SRC G36c and I was wondering what sort of upgrades would be good for it to mainly help with higher accuracy and rate of fire.Please post your suggestions and maybe link the right products too.Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

If you're looking for greater accuracy, your best bet is to have a look at your hop up unit and make sure it is functioning as designed. I remember reading that some SRC hop ups are malformed, which means no matter what hop up rubber you put in, you're not going to get good results. Have a look at how far the arm pushes in, how tight it holds its adjustment etc. If you start here, then you'll have a much better idea of what works and what doesn't.

Replace the barrel with a tight-bore barrel. I'd recommend Vanaras, Madbull Black Python VII, Prometheus or JBU. Go as tight as you want, but remember the tighter the barrel, the less forgiving it is. If you go to 6.01, then do not trust ANYONE else's mags...or do so at own risk.

Hop up rubber and nub - H nubs are great; they apply pressure at two sides of the BB which centralises & stabalises the BB whilst imparting its spin. Softer rubbers are best for Ireland/low power countries, but remember that the softer the rubber, the more often you'll be replacing it, as it will wear out much faster.

For faster rate of fire, replace your motor and use a 9.6v battery. G&P M120, Element High Speed, Guarder Durable etc. These combined with the higher voltage battery should give you a noticeable increase in ROF

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

okay thanks for the help do you know where I could get these items and are the hard to put in the gun?

Barrel & Hop are easily found in pretty much any Airsoft retailer. Motors are found in most, but not all.

They're certainly the easiest upgrades to do - have a look at videos online, and you'll find countless good guides on how to install 'em. Of course, if you are not 100% confident, and would prefer it done by someone else, there are many retailers and enthusiasts willing to install upgrade parts for a fee.

But yeah, changing barrel and hop up are definitely a good place to start in order to get to grips with your rifle's internals. Gearbox upgrades are not essential unless you're pushing for large ROF increases, or priming it for use with LiPo (specifically 11.1v LiPo)

alright thanks for the help do you know where to get a H nub because I cant find them anywhere

• Advertisement

thats great thanks so basically that goes inside the hopup unit?

thats great thanks so basically that goes inside the hopup unit?

Yup. That is what the hop up arm will push down. When you remove your hop/inner barrel assembly, it's all in one piece. You remove the barrel clamp, and pull your barrel free (along with the hop rubber). This leaves you with your hop up mech, and nub.

The nub sits in a little hole that corresponds with the hole in your barrel. When you put more hop on, this pushes an arm into the nub, which pushes more of the rubber into the barrel, in turn imparting more of a spin.

These buggers are annoying to put in, but not difficult. Patience is not a virtue with this stuff...it's a necessity. If you rush it, you'll lose parts, and they disappear into nothingness :confused:

Just one. There are lots of different styles of nub. Your standard nub is just like a piece of tube, whereas the H-Nubs are shaped so that they provide two points of contact, instead of one larger surface area.

Airsofters are notoriously anal about what combination of rubber and nub work best, just as each airsoft gun is picky about what ones will work best for it. So there is a lot of choice...but your hop up unit will accept just one, so it's time to start testing to see what will work best for you :)

okay and I know this is a lot of questions but I just don't want to end up buying the wrong things.So basically for better accuracy I will be getting madbull improved hopup bucking and a deepfire 6.02 barrel and for the higher ROF I will get a G&P M120 motor and a higher voltage battery.Also how can I mage the AEG lipo ready just incase I ever want a lipo.Thanks

• Advertisement

okay and I know this is a lot of questions but I just don't want to end up buying the wrong things.So basically for better accuracy I will be getting madbull improved hopup bucking and a deepfire 6.02 barrel and for the higher ROF I will get a G&P M120 motor and a higher voltage battery.Also how can I mage the AEG lipo ready just incase I ever want a lipo.Thanks

LiPo upgrades are in the gearbox, so I'd stay away from 'em until you're actually making the changeover. All that's really required is good strong gears, an active breaking MOSFET, and a full metal toothed piston. This means your gearbox is strong enough for the strain of an 11.1, but this is a trade off. Because there are no real weakpoints, then if there's a problem fault, your entire gearbox will pack in.

11.1v LiPo is a lot of juice. 7.4v LiPo is excellent; small battery + lot of juice, but at the same time equivalent in strain to a 9.6v NiMh/NiCd battery.

Accuracy wise, the Deep Fire barrels are pretty good - they'll add approximately 0.02 j to your gun's power over the stock barrel. Finish wise they're excellent. My only gripe with the barrel is that they use cardboard packaging - the barrel is good and strong, but I'd still prefer additional precautions. The likes of Madbull Black Python and Vanaras use excellent hard plastic cases which protect the barrels perfectly. Ordering a single barrel online, I tend to stick to those two just because I'm sure they'll arrive to me in one piece, unbent. Whereas buying barrels domestically I'd go with JBU, Deep Fire etc, because I'm more confident in how they've been shipped.

The Madbull rubber + fishbone bucking is great, no complaints from me at least. Personally I am very partial to the fishbone bucking + G&G Green rubber, or the Irish gold standard; Guarder Clear hop up rubber.

You'll be hard pushed to find a more highly regarded motor than the G&P m120 - it is a seriously impressive motor. It will need a little more juice, so be sure to use a good quality 9.6v battery. Intellect are the brand that I use, many others use a myriad of different ones, from Firefox, to turnigy etc. I've never had any problems, so have not had cause to try out other brands.

okay and will I need the MOSFET and gearbox upgrades if I use a 7.4v lipo?

okay and will I need the MOSFET and gearbox upgrades if I use a 7.4v lipo?

No. The SRC should be fine with a 7.4v LiPo. The MOSFET is used to reduce wear and tear of the gearbox by acting as a regulator for the battery. As the 7.4v cannot deliver a catastrophic amount of power to the gearbox, it is not essential.

What has you considering Lipo, trigger response?

yeah mainly want t6o up the trigger response and fire rate as much as I can without having to open the gearbox

Also I was wondering what brand mags work best in this gun

Advertisement