Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clever pets

Options
  • 30-07-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I've just posted this in another thread but i thought it'd be fun to hear what clever things other posters pets get up to.

My boy has learnt to use the crossing tonight. We always cross at the same lights when we walk a particular route(about 3x a week) and tonight i was on the phone as i approached them so had the pups in one hand and the phone in the other. My clever boy jumped up and pressed the button with his paw and then sat straight back down and waited for lights to change as usual :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Not as impressive as OP but my cockateil learned how to get my attention

When im on the computer she will sit on my shoulder and if she's looking to be petted she pokes her beak into my neck. If I fail to provide her the attention, she will find an object she can hold (screw,straw etc), fly up to the top of the computer and drop it down on the keyboard.

I dont know where she found the screws but it scares the crap out of me when they land on the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

piperh wrote: »
    I've just posted this in another thread but i thought it'd be fun to hear what clever things other posters pets get up to.

My boy has learnt to use the crossing tonight. We always cross at the same lights when we walk a particular route(about 3x a week) and tonight i was on the phone as i approached them so had the pups in one hand and the phone in the other. My clever boy jumped up and pressed the button with his paw and then sat straight back down and waited for lights to change as usual :D:D

OMG that is so COOOOOOL!!!!!! I'll have to teach my guy that lol we're learning targeting at the moment so i'll just get him to target the button! :D

EDIT - Krieg you need to leave some snacks nearby so she drops them down for you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

piperh wrote: »

can we swap dogs????:D thats cooooooooool. my dog would prob try to rip the button thing off the wall;). then sit down. when i ask my other dog "wanna go toilet" he sits down for no.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Thanks i thought it was very cool too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Nothing too impressive but my dog let's himself in from the garden by either the normal door or the slider. He's able to let himself out too using the slider even if the latch lock is on. He can't understand why he can't get out the normal door though, sits there with a bit of a bemused look when he flicks the handle and it won't budge like it does when he's outside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement