Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New online shop software

Options
  • 30-07-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Currently my shop runs with zen cart. It is now outdated and too difficult to get around. I would like to update to another package. I have to be able to transfer my current products across as there is no way I have the time to imput all the stock again . Is this possible ? and would anyone have a recommendation for me to switch to . Also a rough idea of price. Many thanks

Comments

It really depends on what you need. What is Zen Cart not doing for you? There are migration strategies for moving from one cart solution to another, for most of the big 'uns. Some work, some don't, and most of the time there will be some problems in the migration. Couldn't possibly guess at the price without knowing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

It really depends on what you need. What is Zen Cart not doing for you? There are migration strategies for moving from one cart solution to another, for most of the big 'uns. Some work, some don't, and most of the time there will be some problems in the migration. Couldn't possibly guess at the price without knowing more.

I dont find the site very user friendly when Im puttting up stock, aside from that I suppose its the look of the shop we would like to update. I had a friend look at our software and she said it is old now at least 2006 and would nt allow her to make the changes we required. For example we wanted our products to be visual 4 across in boxes with rrp and our price displayed. We are willing to spend some in order to geet a fresh new look and a system that might be easier for me to use. i have no training in sofware etc so I just imput stock methodically as i was shown .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I dont find the site very user friendly when Im puttting up stock, aside from that I suppose its the look of the shop we would like to update.
    I am a fan of OpenCart.
    I found it easy to add stock to, especially item "modifications" e.g. sizes, colours.

I was able transfer from osCommerce to OpenCart using a script I bought though the script needed a lot of tweaking.
    He also has a Zen Cart to OpenCart script.

Thank you . That open cart looks good. Great to know there is a zen cart tool available for ease of transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ivanc

You should also have a look at Create.net

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. all replies were very helpful We have decided to work with Adam from Beecher Networks. He comes with lots of thumbs up !! Thanks again all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I had a friend look at our software and she said it is old now at least 2006
    ZEN has come along way since 2006. Whatever cart solution you choose, ALWAYS make sure it is up to date.

Advertisement