Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible stolen bike found

Options
  • 30-07-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Long story short:

Dog started barking - look out the window to see 2 well dodgy feckers in the middle of trying to hide a bike in bushes in my front garden. Dog startles them and they scurry out with the bike and go off and hide it in someone elses garden as I watch. Then they leg it off.

The gards have been informed, asked if I should take the bike in as obviously they just nicked it and wanted to quickly hide it then come back and get it. The gards said I should take it in so I have it in my house atm.

Gards are meant to be calling around but theres a match on atm can't see them arriving anytime soon for this. It happened just an hour ago.

Have pics of the bike, its blue and says 7100 Trek on it.

If I was to guess I imagine it might have been nicked around the Spar in Fairview or maybe around fairview church.

Posting this in the off chance the owner reads this or anyone has advice on what else I can do to get this back to its owner.

I dunno much about bikes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Good man, well played, and I wish you were my neighbor.

Don't post any pics. Wait for someone to describe it to you...

Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Cheers.

Just to update: The Guards did call around later on that day although I wasnt home at the time. They picked up the bike in their van. Apperently it may have been worth up to 800 euro!? Something to do with the brand Trek? Meh it didnt exactly look brand new to me but what do I know...

But that might explain it, I get the impression the two dodgy blokes grabbed it in a crime of oppertunity. They did come back looking for it too. These guys were not teenagers, they were in their early 30's at least. And naturally being scum and all, they were smashing bottles and glasses as they made their way back to where they left the bike, saw it wasnt there and went on their way.

It was right after the celtic match when they came back.

Anyway the guards have the bike now so hopefully the owner will get it back (assuming he'll ring the guards when he notices his bikes been stolen)

Advertisement