Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samoyed vomiting bile

Options
  • 30-07-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

For the past few days I have noticed my Samoyed is vomiting up a green watery substance which I presume is bile. Upon inspection one of the days I noticed there was a lot of grass in it. Is this anything to be concerned about ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

If its going on for a few days then yes.

Dogs will sometimes vomit a little of this, and sometimes with grass in it, but it shouldn't go on days. When mine do it, its once or twice in the day then they are fine. Try fasting her for 24hours.
    If she is otherwise normal (not lethargic or off her food, sore in the abdomen, etc) I would just keep a close eye on her.
    If she is showing other symptoms call the vet. Is there a chance she swallowed something she can't pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭flahers

I dont think he swallowed anything but I will take him to vet if this is persisting past week-end. I recall somebody telling me a dog eats grass if he is defecient in something but cant rem what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Fast him for 24hrs, then give a little rice and chicken, not salt or stock added, gradually add in the normal food over 2 or 3 days, and see how he reacts.
    Dogs do sometimes eat grass, not due to a deficiency (according to my vet) but sometimes because they have an upset stomach or just like the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Its true, sometimes they will eat grass as a way to help them throw up, I remember this happened to mine only last week, he threw up grass and also a foil sweet wrapper so it is sometimes a good thing, also some dogs will get sick if they are used to getting fed at a certain time their bodies will expect the food and when they dont get it they throw up.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

tbh i would just bring the dog to the vet just incase their might be an underlying problem .better to be safe than sorry.i remember my cat had this problem and we found out she had swallowed an elastic band off a chicken which had rapped around her insides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 liloldeme

that happened my dog, I checked with friends who have dogs and one reason for it is if you fast the dog for a long period, like one meal a day. If you do just give the dog something to eat, like a treat. If its not that which it wasn't in my case bring to the vet. My dog has gastricsomething, not sure really. She is on meds for a few weeks. I was told to dose her but i notice if i put it on my hand she drinks is. Oh one other thing, my dog also had the runs or smelly no 2. The med only cost €10 and its a big bottle. Good luck!

Advertisement