Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon v Tyrone Any links on line?

Options
  • 30-07-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

hi,

any links to watch this game live on line?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

anyone??? i thought it was on tv :(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

game isnt on any tv station cos gaa are only allowed show so many games so they cant show this.....complete bullsh@t imo.......dont ask me why

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

domino123 wrote: »
    game isnt on any tv station cos gaa are only allowed show so many games so they cant show this.....complete bullsh@t imo.......dont ask me why
    TV coverage has a massive impact on attendances.

One qualifier from each round was allowed to be televised.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Bluetonic wrote: »
    One qualifier from each round was allowed to be televised.

But we got to see a whole heap on Leinster and Ulster quarter finals, Connacht and Munster Semi-finals.

Whereas by teatime today there'll have been 24 actual knockout ties, of which a grand total of 4 will have been televised.

The people in TV3 and RTE need to grow balls and tell the GAA they need to release the rights to proper games, or else there'll be zero bidding from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The game sounds like a great game and why it is being shown amazes me because they would have got a decent audience from Dublin seeing what both teams are like.

• Advertisement

The people in TV3 and RTE need to grow balls and tell the GAA they need to release the rights to proper games, or else there'll be zero bidding from now on.
    The Tyrone v Rosscommon game has been viewed all week as a nothing game if you look at the bookmakers odds. Even the GAA arranged a game for next weekend, ignoring the fact that they might need a replay. What does that tell you?

I doubt anyone in RTE or TV3 wanted to buy this game.

There is only interest now as it's so close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

ignoring the fact that they might need a replay.

could be a draw on the cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The Tyrone v Rosscommon game has been viewed all week as a nothing game if you look at the bookmakers odds. Even the GAA arranged a game for next weekend, ignoring the fact that they might need a replay. What does that tell you?

I doubt anyone in RTE or TV3 wanted to buy this game.

There is only interest now as it's so close.

Whatever about this game I don't see any reason why there shouldn't have been 2 televised matches in the fourth round of qualifiers. Obviously the Ros v Tyrone game probably still wouldn't have been televised as Kildare v Derry would have been the most likely second pick.

I don't see anything sensible about a situation where games like Tyrone v Armagh or Galway v Meath weren't televised because they were 'only' the second most attractive pick of the eight ties in the round.

Have two ties instead of one televised from each round of the knockout qualifiers, and drop four of the early season provincial filler. That would be neutral in the overall amount of games televised, but would be a huge increase in the amount of important interesting games shown. The TV deal at the moment is garbage imo.

Whatever about this game I don't see any reason why there shouldn't have been 2 televised matches in the fourth round of qualifiers.
    It would have a negative affect on attendances.

With this round being in neutral venues it would have an even greater affect as both sets of fans have to travel.

The TV does need a rethink but then so attendances need to be look at and some sort of framework worked out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

No TV coverage and RTE Radio 1 aren't commentating on it. Bloody joke.

If it was the Dubs I am sure we would have it on both TV And radio, at least NewsTalk are covering it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If it was the Dubs I am sure we would have it on both TV And radio, at least NewsTalk are covering it.

yop wrote: »

Firstly ignoring the troll comment, this is the first year the GAA have split radio packages. Newstalk and RTE have separate packages and Newstalk have the rights to cover this one.

Firstly ignoring the troll comment.
    I'd remove that if you know the rules ;)

Its still a joke regardless of your blue tints, they should be covering it.

yop wrote: »
    I'd remove that if you know the rules ;)

Its still a joke regardless of your blue tints, they should be covering it.
    What exactly does that mean?

Thanks in advance.

You realise "they" have no desire to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

its on RTE TV now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Roscommon 1-6 Tyrone 0-12

10 minutes left

Roscommon 1-7 Tyrone 0-12

7 minutes left

Sounds like Roscommon are being pulled and dragged all over the shop by a cynical Tyrone.

Final score

Roscommon kicked 4 wides from scorable positions in last few minutes

Sounds like jokeshop refereeing

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

Final score

Roscommon kicked 4 wides from scorable positions in last few minutes

Sounds like jokeshop refereeing

Ya agree with the comment about refereeing. Was listening to shannonside for the most part, switched to newstalk every so often for a different view, apart from Sean Ban has anyone got a bigger set against Ros than that pr*ck Ray Silke!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JR79

All said though very proud of the lads after what happened in Castlebar. There was a bit of pride & passion in the jersey shown today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

JR79 wrote: »
    Ya agree with the comment about refereeing. Was listening to shannonside for the most part, switched to newstalk every so often for a different view, apart from Sean Ban has anyone got a bigger set against Ros than that pr*ck Ray Silke!

The look I saw on his face after Brigids squeaked by Corofin in the Connacht final in 2011 was worth a thousand jibes. Poor ladeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

And I thought SBB held most of his dislike for Mayo, never misses the chance to take a swipe at them on Seo Sport on TG4, but silke is the same when it comes to Mayo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

All said though very proud of the lads after what happened in Castlebar. There was a bit of pride & passion in the jersey shown today

Don't want to burst your moral victory bubble there but it may be that Tyrone are not the team they were made out to be either

All in all I am sorry to see Ross loose it though

Don't want to burst your moral victory bubble there but it may be that Tyrone are not the team they were made out to be either

All in all I am sorry to see Ross loose it though

Tyrone aren't going to beat the top three (The Ballagh Stealers, Donegal and Dublin) but they still should make the AIQFs and could potentially beat the Munster champions, particularly if they happen to be Kerry.

Not serious AI contenders, but solidly top six.

Rossies v unlucky, plucky finish to the game but probably didn't believe they could beat them. Tyrone will have to improve a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭megadodge

Syferus wrote: »
    Tyrone aren't going to beat the top three (The Ballagh Stealers, Donegal and Dublin) but they still should make the AIQFs and could potentially beat the Munster champions, particularly if they happen to be Kerry.

I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Syferus wrote: »

On that display today Tyrone will be lucky to beat Laois,Derry in round 3. Also it was said on the Roscommon thread by a Roscommon supporter that Cathal Shine wasn't county standard well he seemed to hold his own against Sean Cavanagh today.

Hard luck Roscommon probably shot themselves in the foot by not starting Senan Kilbride istead of half fit Donie Shine. Always next year.

On that display today Tyrone will be lucky to beat Laois,Derry in round 3. Also it was said on the Roscommon thread by a Roscommon supporter that Cathal Shine wasn't county standard well he seemed to hold his own against Sean Cavanagh today.

Hard luck Roscommon probably shot themselves in the foot by not starting Senan Kilbride istead of half fit Donie Shine. Always next year.

Aye. Thought he was excellent in the air in particular, lots of good catches/controlled breaks. It's been a long time since the jersey has been graced by a midfielder able to consistently win primary possession in big games and despite some flaws the younger Shine is someone we can't afford not to try to develop. The lads writing him off mightn't be so quick to do it the next time the topic comes up.

Advertisement