Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ride on lawnmower would you suggest for me

Options
  • 30-07-2011 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi everyone, I have difficulty cutting the lawn, and am considering getting a ride on lawnmower. The lawn is a typical one in a half acre flat site. There is a nice bit of kerbing in it. I am considering getting one with a petrol engine, with hydrostatic drive, and hand lever for going forward and back (i have a bad leg). I have seen several makes and just can't make up my mind.(prices seem to be similar) Does anyone here have and experiences good or bad. Any makes to keep away from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭irishshadowfax

I'm the same boat, wondering if its best to go second hand or new and as I have a sloped site would i need some extra spec... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Stan&Bobby

i have a john deere x130r which is top class. not much difference in the main brands though. what did yyou have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭irishshadowfax

Not too sure yet, have put it off now till the new year, the lawn won't need cutting until then... Had a look at the john deere x130r alright, it looks the part, i presume it was expensive?

thanks
    IS

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Stan&Bobby

Hi,

the x130r is not made anymore: the x155r is the exact same as it.

I'd recommend giving Ciaran in dublin grass machinery a call re prices. I dealt with him in there and he was excellent pre and post sale. Just decribe to him what you are looking for and he'll be able to recommend what suits best.

I think they have a 15% off sale on all john deeres until the solheim cup also.

their number is 8386867

http://www.dublingrass.ie/

tell him Joe in Drumree sent you!

Stan!

Advertisement