Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 3g/Wifi Charges

Options
  • 30-07-2011 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

I know this is probably a silly question but i'm new to the whole internet on my mobile stuff. Anyways I just got an android phone with meteor and want to know the definite charges on it. The plan I have is free texts to any network for €20 (havent gotten around to changing it yet) anyways i know the cost for 3g is the 69c a day for 50MB but what about wifi, ive opted into the free eircom hotspots, but what about any other wifi like in my house thats not an eircom hotspot, is that free?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭kirving

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Are you sure because I keep getting charged for it. I used only wifi one day (didnt go near 3g) and some of my 50MB limit got used. I went through all the apps on my phone and turned everything internet related off and didnt go on the internet the following day and when I checked my Balance Data that night it said I had used 4.59MB? Are there other things are your phone that use the internet that I am not aware of? I only used it for texts, radio, and a phone call and made a conscious effort that day not to do anything else just to see what would happen and I got charged anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ive moved your thread to the android sub-forum.

i suggest you install an application called 3g watchdog to help you keep track of your data. it has options to auto matically disable when you get close to your limit and gives you an idea of what apps are using your data too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Cool thanks for the advice

• Advertisement

Also you can stop all apps from syncing and using data in the background with the simple unticking of a box. Where this option is depends on your phone, but for me it's under settings -> accounts & sync.

Advertisement