Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boxer/Labrador Puppies Advice!!!

Options
  • 30-07-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Me and my boyfriend have a labrador/Boxer and when we were on holidays she became pregnant to our other dog,She is at least 8/9 weeks gone now,has anybody got any advice for us on how we know when she is gonna give birth or is there any complications she can have during birth or any information at all would be great or even any signs she is ready to give birth,Any help is greatly appreciated :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I believe pregnancy lasts about 63 days, and you should see signs like teats swelling, loss of appetite and nesting before birth.
    Have you taken her to the vet for a health check?
    The vet will give you the information you need about worming and whelping, you really need to be getting ready now as she's not that far off.

Have you a whelping box? milk replacement encase the mother needs help feeding them?
    I would also get the vets emergency number just incase, and theres a book called the book of the bitch you really should read, its full of advice.

Here's a link with some advice:
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/whelping.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jackiexx

mymo wrote: »
    I believe pregnancy lasts about 63 days, and you should see signs like teats swelling, loss of appetite and nesting before birth.
    Have you taken her to the vet for a health check?
    The vet will give you the information you need about worming and whelping, you really need to be getting ready now as she's not that far off.

Have you a whelping box? milk replacement encase the mother needs help feeding them?
    I would also get the vets emergency number just incase, and theres a book called the book of the bitch you really should read, its full of advice.

Thanks for your help ye i have heard of a whelping box and were getting one sorted at the moment,Thanks so much for your advice was really helpful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I just wanted to add, I hope you are planning to get her spayed after this(and the male neutered), there are so many dogs looking for homes right now. I also hope you can find good reliable homes for the pups, that will spay and neuter them too.
    Best of luck with it, I hope it all goes well, keep a close eye on her. Keep the male away from her once she has the pups and keep things quiet for her, the stress can cause problems for them.
    You may want to feed her on a good puppy food to give her the extra she needs to feed the pups, no harm on starting her on it now as she won't be long before delivering.

Advertisement