Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S2

Options
  • 30-07-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi

Just a few quick questions relating to the samsung as they tend to get swallowed up in the main thread.

Thinking about getting the samsung on meteor billpay (30 a month).

1. Will be over and back to the uk so will need the phone unlocked to stick in an orange sim in. Will it be possible to unlock the phone without rooting and getting a specific app from the market. If so, How?

2. as i will be flipping between meteor and orange settings, is it possible to set up 2 profiles on the phone and switch between them (i.e. sms, mms internet settings etc).

3. I have the details on meteor roaming from the website but i was just wondering if there was any further progress on internet roaming and their costs (looking for ppl with experience of this to reply here and will be asking meteor later on this but im aware that there can often be little workarounds that they are not aware of).

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

mac09 wrote: »
    Hi

Just a few quick questions relating to the samsung as they tend to get swallowed up in the main thread.

Thinking about getting the samsung on meteor billpay (30 a month).

1. Will be over and back to the uk so will need the phone unlocked to stick in an orange sim in. Will it be possible to unlock the phone without rooting and getting a specific app from the market. If so, How?

2. as i will be flipping between meteor and orange settings, is it possible to set up 2 profiles on the phone and switch between them (i.e. sms, mms internet settings etc).

3. I have the details on meteor roaming from the website but i was just wondering if there was any further progress on internet roaming and their costs (looking for ppl with experience of this to reply here and will be asking meteor later on this but im aware that there can often be little workarounds that they are not aware of).

Thanks for any help

Be aware of one difference that I believe exists between Three and Meteor roaming:

Three will allow you to use your accounts monthly limits when roaming whilst Meteor will charge you standard rates (even if you haven't used up your allocated minutes).

Also, if porting from another network, be sure to use http://www.fatcheese.ie/?referrer=30022257 so that you get a 30-40 euro rebate.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

Any more thoughts on this guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭spunk_monkey

mac09 wrote: »
    Any more thoughts on this guys?

If you are going bill pay, the easiest and fastest way to unlock your phone is to ring CC and ask them for the unlock code, which they can give you straight away over the phone (for the sgs2- varies for other phones).

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

i would think Three would be your better option as you can continue to use your monthly allowance whilst over in the UK just by selecting the Three UK network when you arrive. so you'll have unlimited 3g etc. while over there

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

Just after buying a galaxy S2 over the phone last friday, I presume its too late to get fat cheese discount for it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement