Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clásica San Sebastián 2011 - warning contains spoilers!

Options
  • 29-07-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Best of luck to the 3 Irish lads competing in this tomorrow. Not an easy route.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Is it on Eurosport, do you happen to know the exact rider line-up?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Ya beat me to it velopeleton. Not being shown on British Eurosport unfortunately.

http://inrng.com/2011/07/clasica-ciclista-san-sebastian/

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

nitrogen wrote: »
    Is it on Eurosport, do you happen to know the exact rider line-up?

Cheers

If anyone has a motorised satellite dish or one pointing at 13e the race is live on Rai3 Italian tv from 15.45 Cet till 17.30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Brammeier first on HTC list. THat mean he's team leader?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Brammeier first on HTC list. THat mean he's team leader?

Not this time, their aim is to Put Peter Velits on podium.
    I'd say Deignan and Brammeier will both be working for others in this race. Roche will be team leader as usual for Ag2r :)
    Btw why do some teams have 6 riders (HTC) while others have 7/8?

edit: 100 posts.. wooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Pity it's not on ES, especially with some Irish interest. My each-way bet for the race is DeGendt, had a quiet TDF apart from a good showing on the Alpe dHuez, but is in good form this year, Schleck (the elder) says he's is going for the win so presumably he'll get........2nd or 3rd again :pac:, but he's up against it with Gilbert, Rodriguez, Cunego, Sanchez (*2), and.......dare I say it Roche !

Route:
    286stbs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Using spoilers (not that you'll be seeing the race anytime soon on TV, it seems)

Kilometre 12 11:40 h.
    Getaway by Julian Sanchez, Matt Brammeier, Karsten Kronner, Klass-Lodwyck, Eloi Ruiz and Murilo Fisher

13:10 h: Kilometer 71. Zumarraga
    The advantage of the six escapees were reduced to 9.40. In the peloton, Euskaltel is reacting

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Using spoilers (not that you'll be seeing the race anytime soon on TV, it seems)
    Yes - please do, as we need to consider any online coverage also

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

/rant
    I know I've already mentioned spoilers to Beasty (offline) and it's a difficult thing to monitor & enforce, but..............surely there's no need for spoilers in one-day classics/race, eg. this one today. If someone's going to wait for highlights tonight then it would make sense not to come into this thread in the first place.
    And that's the Q really: why would you come in here ??!! If you want to know about the race or get a preview then read it at cyclingnews.com etc.
    The spoilers certainly 'spoil' the thread and I'd imagine would put people off contributing to it.
    /end rant :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Non english coverage

Roche on attack. Edit wont let him go

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Live text commentary here (in English) if anyone is watching the stream and struggling to understand the spanish TV commentators!! :)

Does not need to be understood, great race.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread title changed and spoiler tags removed from posts made - for 1 day races we don't need them, but the thread title should mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Gilbert is almost unbeatable in these one day classics!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

Simply phenomenal! Are we looking at another Sean Kelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

How does he do it??

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

National Champion Matt Brammeier on the 1st Cat climb to Jaizkibel.

san-sebastian-classic.jpg

Advertisement