Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy s2: sites loading in mobile form?

Options
  • 29-07-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Ok, just back from the shop, and I had decided to go with the sensation, but had a last minute change of heart- wanted to try something new, the weight of the s2 along with the screen sucked me in.

I had 2 issues with the phone in the shop, and as usual, the sales people had not a clue, so I bought it anyway, knowing you guys can help.

1 st thing: Sites keep loading in mobile format- with the HTC phones, you can disable this but cant find a setting on the s2 for it, any ideas?

2nd..the keyboard on the unit in the shop was not a qwerty one, even though according to the settings, qwerty was selecetd. It was nearrly qwery, but qwertz I think instead..any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Open browser: type url "about:useragent". Select desktop.

As for keyboard, go into settings and change it to whatever you want :confused: Or use a different keyboard off market/whatever. The "cog" icon beside shift is how you get into keyboard settings, click portrait keyboard types -> see list of QWERTY/whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Ok, just back from the shop, and I had decided to go with the sensation, but had a last minute change of heart- wanted to try something new, the weight of the s2 along with the screen sucked me in.

I had 2 issues with the phone in the shop, and as usual, the sales people had not a clue, so I bought it anyway, knowing you guys can help.

1 st thing: Sites keep loading in mobile format- with the HTC phones, you can disable this but cant find a setting on the s2 for it, any ideas?

2nd..the keyboard on the unit in the shop was not a qwerty one, even though according to the settings, qwerty was selecetd. It was nearrly qwery, but qwertz I think instead..any ideas?

Thanks

Hehehe two first things which totally pi$$ed me after 5mins with samsung...there will be more ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

You can also use the swype keyboard, by long pressing in an text box, and then elect input method, select swype.

Are you with vodafone by any chance? if so that may have something to do with the mobile format web pages, I know I had to fix that, but can't for the life of me figure out how I did right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Zagato wrote: »
    You can also use the swype keyboard, by long pressing in an text box, and then elect input method, select swype.

Are you with vodafone by any chance? if so that may have something to do with the mobile format web pages, I know I had to fix that, but can't for the life of me figure out how I did right now :(

i had this isse too, dont you delete the proxy server in the apn settings :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The Samsung browser user agent is locked to mobile, there is s hack that will let you set it to desktop but it will revert on boot. Very annoying.

I switched to Dolphin HD browser, much better IMHO, and allows user agent selection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement