Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in the West or maybe the Aran Islands

Options
  • 29-07-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

So my wife (never been camping) any my children (6 and 8 camping in the back garden) and I (camped a lot in Ireland, UK etc) are thinking of going camping on Saturday night. We are Galway based.

Anyone recommend a good spot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

You could go down to the Burren.Theres loads of places to camp around there.If you're into a more comfy campsite there is one in Fanore.It has showering facilities and the like.I think its only a couple of euro for the night and its right next to Fanore beach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Nagels in Doolin is good. Showers, cooker. Near the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skipper756

Check out the Valley Hostel on Achill. They allow camping in the grounds, theres a bar on site as well as a fishing lake and its just a stroll to the beach!

http://www.valley-house.com/hostel.htm

Advertisement