Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid-range Android Device

Options
  • 29-07-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've had an Acer Liquid for just under 2 years and it has served me reasonably well. I'm thinking of buying a present of an Android phone for the Mrs. Is the Liquid old technology at this stage? Any recommendations of Android devices from Expansys for under EUR 300?

Regards,

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

ballooba wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had an Acer Liquid for just under 2 years and it has served me reasonably well. I'm thinking of buying a present of an Android phone for the Mrs. Is the Liquid old technology at this stage? Any recommendations of Android devices from Expansys for under EUR 300?

Regards,

B.

Are you asking: Is it reasonable to give my old phone to my wife, and get a new one for myself?

In my experience it won't work.

Do you definitely want to get an Android?
    Might be some better value in that price range in Windows phones (HTC 7 Pro)

If you're sticking with Android, then probably have a look at sony ericsson phones, original Desire and Samsung Galaxy S (SGS has update to Android 2.3 available if this is important)

In short to be reasonably up to date try to look at phones with 1GHz processors and 512RAM.
    Also bear in mind that as the Android market is developing, people have more and larger apps, so internal memory is important

Also remember that Expansys isn't that particularly cheap. Have a look at Handtec and Clove as well, at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Not planning on offloading my device on her, was planning on buying her a new Liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Please merge this with:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056341757
    Sorry for the thread duplication.

Advertisement