Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Dublin 15?

Options
  • 29-07-2011 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

As the title states, where can I get supplies, yeast, etc in north side/ Dub 15 area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭merc230ce

I haven't found anywhere on the northside at all - the only bricks-and-mortar shop I've found in Dublin is My Beer and Wine in Rathmines. Other than that it's the online places homebrew.ie, homebrewwest.ie etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Yep nothing available in D15

No1J wrote: »
    As the title states, where can I get supplies, yeast, etc in north side/ Dub 15 area?

I am in the Dublin 15 area and high recommended the www.thehomebrewcompany.ie

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

oblivious wrote: »

Are they not in Laois??Not that close to Dublin 15 in all fairness.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Are they not in Laois??Not that close to Dublin 15 in all fairness.

Yea but they deliver, very few brick and motor place around

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yea but they deliver, very few brick and motor place around

I was only joking mate.They have some decemt stuff on their site.Im contemplating a trip there this weekend.

Still havent picked up a starter kit :(

Too much choice out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Thanks for that but I was hoping there was somewhere you could just pop into instead of the online stuff. I believe some Tesco's are doing brew kits but my local one's don't. I was just looking for brewing Yeast, thought it would be easy to get:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The health store chain do a limited range of home brew stuff. There's one in blanch. Might be a good idea to phone in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    The health store chain do a limited range of home brew stuff. There's one in blanch. Might be a good idea to phone in advance.

I tried the one in Ashbourne the other day but no luck, I'll try blanch this week when I get a chance, thank's.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I was only joking mate.They have some decemt stuff on their site.Im contemplating a trip there this weekend.

Still havent picked up a starter kit :(

Too much choice out there.

;)
    One issue with mortar shops it that stock can hang around for a long time before been turned over.

www.thehomebrewcompany.ie charges 4.95 only for any delivery , you could buck buy with some else in the Dublin 15 area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some of the homebrew places offer discounts, I know one has free shipping over €35 if you put in a code.

On beoir.org you can see owners posting discounts, you can find some from this google search.

http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en#sclient=psy&hl=en&complete=1&site=webhp&source=hp&q=discount+site:beoir.org&pbx=1&oq=discount+site:beoir.org&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=456l6063l0l6192l23l17l0l1l1l0l210l2151l4.11.1l16l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=92a46c51efbcab27&biw=1288&bih=683

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I was stuck for fermentables over the weekend(they only have white sugar in Tesco Naas).I had about 500g of brewing sugar left so I bought two tubs of barley malt extract in the local Health food store €3 for 370g tub. It's in Celbridge if that's any handier.
    Although Holland and Barrett sell something similar -Malt Extract. in 450g tubs
    Hopefully it will all work out!

Advertisement