Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One FC the new Pride?

Options
  • 28-07-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

http://www.onefc.com/

This fight card is stacked with Muay Thai, BJJ and Boxing World Champs.
    They are using a mixture of both the unified & pride rules, so there will be knee's, kick's and elbow's on the ground.:D I'm really interested to see how these rule's play out and how some of the champion's in the different discipline's cross over to MMA.

They already have a huge Worldwide TV deal's in place so hopefully it will be a success.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

d_jordan wrote: »
    They already have a huge Worldwide TV deal's in place so hopefully it will be a success.

Who is showing it here?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I think its to stream on sherdog anyway

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/One-FC-CEO-Touts-UFC-of-Asia-Debut-Show-to-Stream-on-Sherdog-34333

I think it sounds pretty cool, plus I'm looking forward to seeing Ole Laurson again, I saw him take on Genki Sudo in Heros, making his debut I think and he put up a very good fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmm this could be good, if they get the fighters and can consistently put on good shows.

I liked the pride / dream format of a 10 minute 5 minute round, not sure I like the idea of soccer kicks and and stomps being legal, they are illegal in almost every other rule set for good reason and belong in the past imo, knees to the head while in side control though like Dream have I'd be ok with, even though they are legal in Dream you don't often see them as the guy on the bottom knows to move ;)

Lets hope they also have a yellow card / purse deduction system.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Barry SeanScoil

this is really exciting news, but i imagine the standard will be no where as high as in japan or the west, alot of these fighters are now past there prime and not well rounded in terms of MMA, but strangly that makes it more intersting... will it be in a cage or a ring???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

this is really exciting news, but i imagine the standard will be no where as high as in japan or the west, alot of these fighters are now past there prime and not well rounded in terms of MMA, but strangly that makes it more intersting... will it be in a cage or a ring???

Cage from what I have read, would have preferred the ring myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

calex71 wrote: »
    not sure I like the idea of soccer kicks and and stomps being legal, they are illegal in almost every other rule set for good reason and belong in the past imo, knees to the head while in side control though like Dream have I'd be ok with, even though they are legal in Dream you don't often see them as the guy on the bottom knows to move ;)

Lets hope they also have a yellow card / purse deduction system.

I agree but I dont mind soccer kicks as fighters realise they can very easliy break a foot using them so they would be cautious and there is not a alot of opportunities to use them in fights. The most time they are dangerous is when an opponent is on all four's

Stomps are too dangerous

Advertisement