Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 pipe system with weather comp?

Options
  • 28-07-2011 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Hi,just wondering if any of you have or have installed the 4 pipe system from viessmann where cylinder piped seperately.any opinions on it or experience with??

Comments

gdavis wrote: »
    Hi,just wondering if any of you have or have installed the 4 pipe system from viessmann where cylinder piped seperately.any opinions on it or experience with??

I'v worked on them over the years and they work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

I've installed a few and i've never had any issues with them. It's a great system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ChrisPH

As far as I am aware you can pipe it as a four pipe or a two pipe system by blanking off the pipes that arent needed. It is a great system as it is one of the only boilers that actually condenses, I have had one in my house for the last three years and have had no issue with it at all. Has anyone ever had a issue with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Ermmm..I reckon he's ok by now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

ChrisPH wrote: »
    As far as I am aware you can pipe it as a four pipe or a two pipe system by blanking off the pipes that arent needed. It is a great system as it is one of the only boilers that actually condenses, I have had one in my house for the last three years and have had no issue with it at all. Has anyone ever had a issue with them?

You can only use the weather compensation on the 4 pipe configuration. You can pipe them 2 pipe but you can't use the outside stat, if so when hot water is on only on a mild spring day or in the summer it wont heat the cylinder.

All the new boilers condense.

This thread is ancient :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ChrisPH

Haha i know its hard to find an up to date thread

Advertisement