Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.3 on the 3 Network

Options
  • 28-07-2011 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

I am using Samsung Galaxy S.

I am just posting this to see if anyone else has a problem with losing 3G/H signal after upgrading to 2.3.

See this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056321718

Please post if you also have issues...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

This is a notorious problem with 3s network that has been around for over 2 years. 3 refuse to acknowledge it, and many people left 3 because of it (I am one).

It only affects 3 (easily verified by popping in a competitors simcard and noticing the problem goes away). Only phones with 3s custom radio software seem to work properly on their network. This time they ****ed up their own rom and this is why you have the issue.

Best solution to the problem: Switch networks. Complain to Comreg if 3 refuse to release you from contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Thanks for the advice, it is really annoying. I am so angry with 3, they have screwed up this ROM but of course, it isn't their fault...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Running my Galaxy s2 on 3. No issues with the HSPA+ signal.
    Im not running 3's ROM or anything though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am not very technical and didn't want to completely kill the phone by attempting to put a ROM on lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Have you tried a factory reset?
    Sometimes a factory reset is needed to iron out one or two glitches that might have started happening when the phones firmware has been updated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement