Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under19 qualifiers

Options
  • 28-07-2011 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Ireland playing USA today, it's going down to the wire, US made 177 Ireland scrape home with 1 wicket and 1 ball remaining

Nepal 154ao beat Afghanistan 112 ao

Canada 212-3 beat scotland 206ao by 6 runs,

kenya 235-4 beat vanuatu 102 by 133 runs,

namibia 232 beat papua new guinea 143 by 89 runs

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I was at the Ireland-USA game. Ireland made things a lot tougher on themselves than it needed to be, with 20+ extras and 3 bad dropped catches.

In turn, the USA dropped dollies too, and in the end Ireland just scraped home. An exciting end, if not a great display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

TrueDub wrote: »
    I was at the Ireland-USA game. Ireland made things a lot tougher on themselves than it needed to be, with 20+ extras and 3 bad dropped catches.

In turn, the USA dropped dollies too, and in the end Ireland just scraped home. An exciting end, if not a great display.

Thanks for the eye witness account - cricket Ireland look like they have good coverage on website.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

todays games:
    Ireland 212ao beat Afghanistan 208ao by 4 runs(North County)

Scotland 214ao beat Nepal 157ao by 57 runs (Merrion)

Kenya 215-7 beat Canada 200ao by 15 runs (The Hills)

Namibia 131-4 beat Vanuatu 125ao by 6 wickets (YMCA)

Papua New Guinea 262-6 beat USA 256ao by 6 runs (Leinster)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Just read reports on Cricket Ireland site. Seemed to miss Getkate but it looks like he will be back today or at least before the qualifiers end.

6 out of the 10 will qualify so we should make it. Hope there's no complacency but with Jeremy Bray in charge it's unlikely.

Not going well for Ireland again today 147-7 after 38. Getkate not playing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Scraped though again today, by 4 runs off the last ball.

I thought we were usually fairly good at U-19?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Depends on the team each year really.

There's a couple of standout players on the side this time, and a couple of guys with potential, but they're very raw and very inexperienced, despite their playing senior club cricket.

I'd also wonder why someone like Tyrone Kane from Merrion isn't there - best young prospect I've seen in several years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Have we managed to beat a 'test' side in the WC yet? I know we've been very close the last couple of tournaments against NZ And England, but I can't remember for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dpryor

Down to the last two balls....and Ross hits the winning runs.

All three of Ireland's games have come down to the final over. I don't know much about the U-19 team, but it seems like they should still be able to qualify for the WC with ease.

Ireland finally click, bowled Canada out for 37 McCarter picked up a hattrick
    Getkate 10 2 21 4

McCarter 10 5 8 5

• Advertisement

ireland get home but lost 5 wickets in the process

Advertisement