Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbing in wexford

Options
  • 28-07-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Does anyone have an idea of climbing in or around the wexford/waterford area? Also what size gear would be needed? Dont want to bring a load of unneeded gear!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

On the run to a wedding at the mo so can't expand on this but there's plenty of climbing in Waterford certainly.

Was out in Bunmahon at the weekend, first climb since Dec due to getting part of my elbow removed. I'll also add that I haven't lead any of these climbs but aim to once I'm back in action full time.

There's bolts at the top of Ballinaclough and it's easy to set up a top rope in Bunmahon too if you don't fancy hauling all your gear along, it is tidal there so check your timetables.
    Also some bouldering spots in and near Tramore that aren't in the wiki, Larry the goats out past Kilfarassy and one very close to the pier in Tramore itself.

Coumshingaun is a different proposition altogether in terms of height and time commitment, there's a few 100m+ routes. Would highly recommend you visit there even if not climbing as it's one of the most spectacular locations in this island.

If you're on facebook check rathgormack climbing club photos and posts.

http://wiki.climbing.ie/index.php/Irish_Climbing_Route_Database#Co._Waterford

Best of luck, won't be able to add more til Tue at earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ClimberC

Cool thank for the help! :D

Advertisement