Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a PS3 remote control app?

Options
  • 28-07-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi I am looking for a PS3 remote control app. Is there any out there? I am looking for one that I could use to turn on the ps3 and select avi to play from my connected hard drive? PocketBlu is only for Blu ray discs correct?
    Thanks
    Gavman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Am pretty sure there isn't one.

PocketBlu only works with certain blu-ray (I think it's universal).

Any remote would likely work through wifi, so I'm not too sure if it would be able to switch on your PS3.

There have been efforts made with bluetooth, and there is an app that will allow you pair your phone with PS3, and use it as a mouse -but that's all I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

BlueputDroid works as Zagato describes, connects over bluetooth and can be used as a mouse/keyboard.

The type of remote control app your looking for is not possible.

I have a solution that will allow you to turn on your PS3 wirelessly and select avi's from your HDD. Its call a PS3 wireless controller :-)

Advertisement