Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying my first camper

Options
  • 28-07-2011 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi guys iv looked at a couple of campers we have 10k to spend does anyone think we will find one that is in good condition and running well for that kind of money.I looked at 2 Fiats and they were ok but a bit musty but the main problem was the engine one was just not sounding great and the other one's dash board was lit up like a christmas tree.Should we keep saving or what is your view on this
    Thanks for you help

Oh i should of said it would be for 2 adults and 2 kids

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

wexford12 wrote: »
    Hi guys iv looked at a couple of campers we have 10k to spend does anyone think we will find one that is in good condition and running well for that kind of money.I looked at 2 Fiats and they were ok but a bit musty but the main problem was the engine one was just not sounding great and the other one's dash board was lit up like a christmas tree.Should we keep saving or what is your view on this
    Thanks for you help

Oh i should of said it would be for 2 adults and 2 kids

Seems to be plenty of choice these days around the 10k mark, if you're looking at a fiat make sure its at least the 94 on model parts for older one are getting scarce.

I'd say if you can hold off until winter you'll have a lot more choice and get a better deal. Bring a mechanic if you're not sure what you're about. At the same time if you saw a serious bargain with engine trouble I wouldn't be afraid to swap an engine into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭meercat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

2nd one isn't cheap .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    2nd one isn't cheap .

First one needs to have VRT paid on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

Have a wee look on www.irishmotorhomes.com nice wee 1992 Hymer for sale 5 berth,2.5td,power steering.See what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

First one needs to have VRT paid on it though.

shoot , you're right. I was talking about that one too , cos of the VRT.

theres a serious call for cheap MHs at the mo ,we sold 4 in the last short while sub 12k .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Only issue you may have is finding one at the price point with rear 3 point seat belts for the children, although the hymer suggested above looks like it has.

Advertisement