Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Titles of 2010/11

Options
  • 28-07-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, Im going to be coming into a period of alot of free time in the next week or 2 and I havnt really been keeping up with the computer game world these days as I used to. I normally just google the top games but the top rated are not always the best in my opinion.

I was just wondering what are the top 5 games of you're choice so far of 2010-11, it would also nice if you could post the platform and a personnal rating to the game. Also feel free to post any feedback on the titles if you wish (multiplayer/solo game etc)

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Red Dead Redemption
    Mass Effect 2
    Portal 2
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Civilization V

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

All PS3:
    Demon's Souls - Easily the best game I've ever played. Actually replaying it again now.
    Dark Souls will be out later this year - Another must have.
    Vanquish - Like Gears of War only better(imo).
    Portal 2 - Great single and multiplayer fun.
    God of War III - A visual feast.
    Fallout: New Vegas - Just great fun.

Rent L.A. Noire - I enjoyed it, but not everyones cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

PS3:

God of War 3
    Little Big Planet 2
    Uncharted 2
    Heavy Rain
    inFAMOUS 2

Xbox 360:

Alan Wake
    Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Halo Reach

Multiplatform:

Dead Space 2
    Crysis 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Portal 2

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Knowing which platform would help alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Just Cause 2 - multi
    Minecraft - PC
    Deadly Premonition - 360
    Stacking - multi
    Super Meat Boy - PC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd +1 Portal 2 and Demon's Souls if you haven't played them yet. Personal favourites:

Bayonetta - the most glorious, technical and fun action game of this generation (360 is infamously the better version, although on PS3 too)

Costume Quest / Stacking - simple but extremely involving games with superb artstyles (downloadable on PS3 and 360).

Death Smiles - the first major EU 2D shooter release in years, and captivating, addicting stuff. Eats time as you aim to crawl up the score list (360).

Vanquish - as mentioned, the most brilliant 3D shooter of recent years. (360 and PS3).

Child of Eden - totally unique game. Semi-sequel to Rez, it's a brilliant combination of visuals and music to create easily the most senses melting experience of this gen (360 and soon PS3).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I have heard alot about these vanquish and demon souls games but never actually seen them in any shop but suppose Iv never asked the clerks, might try them out. I wish extra vision upped its stock so I could try out these games before I bought

Gandalph wrote: »
    I have heard alot about these vanquish and demon souls games but never actually seen them in any shop but suppose Iv never asked the clerks, might try them out. I wish extra vision upped its stock so I could try out these games before I bought

In fairness, Demon's Souls will be hard to get in shops - not the type of game (most) people will trade in.
    Your best bet is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

F1ngers wrote: »
    In fairness, Demon's Souls will be hard to get in shops - not the type of game (most) people will trade in.
    Your best bet is online.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Sony-PS3-Games/Sony/Demon%27s-Souls-%28Sony-PS3%29

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Super Mario Galaxy 2, It's fecking brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

If you are looking for a copy of Demon's Souls, I got mine from http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/demon-s-souls/10220178.html

Only bad thing is it took 10 days to arrive at my doorstep, but for free shipping what do you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,076 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

liked on the ps3

darksiders
    portal 2
    mortal kombat
    uncharted 2

on the wii

mario galaxy 2
    super marios bros

plenty of other ones that i found great , but depends what you like e.g. nba 2k11 but i love the NBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hmmm anyone used them before? alot of PC games there are really well priced.

delevery times?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Just after finishing Portal 2. For anyone that hasn't yet played it, please do!
    You WILL not regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Going through Portal 2 at the mo, excellent game just like the first, get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

Portal 2 (Multi)
    Professor Layton and The Lost Future (Nintendo DS)
    Team Fortress 2 (PC) It's old but now it's free so I highly recommend it
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
    Castle Crashers (PSN Store)

Advertisement