Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation

Options
  • 27-07-2011 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I was just wondering have i any chance of getting on campus. I just did the leaving and when i applied for campus i was 2200 on thewaiting list. Any hope?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

I heard theres only 800 places going so doesnt look great for you OP

I'm in the first 20 on that list (thanks to getting up at 6AM that morning) and was wondering does anyone know from experience how the process works??
    Are you just assigned a place or do you get to chose the residence yourself or is it based on your course etc.
    Looking for recommendations on best accommodation too!
    Also is it true there is a new residence under construction with a gym in it or was i lied to?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Don't lose hope yet, last year I was in the 1700s and I got offered a place (albeit with limited choices).

There's over 800 places for incoming first years, but people who put their name down on the list may not get offered a place in UCD (either they don't get enough points, or they get a higher choice than UCD) and those that do get offered accommodation may choose to stay off campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Also, not all places for continuing students, postgrads etc will be taken. There are 800 places to begin with, but there could be 1200 places for first years come September. Basically nobody can give an exact answer now. You might have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

If you fail to get on-campus accommodation, are there any decent/popular student accommodation complexes nearby that anyone can recommend? Please and thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Exothermic, I'd say your best bet would be to do a shared accomodation, college search on daft -

Like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

I'm number 2800 or something on the list.. I don't know how to apply for it when it comes to it, are we contacted about it or what?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Shonagh wrote: »
    I'm number 2800 or something on the list.. I don't know how to apply for it when it comes to it, are we contacted about it or what?

Last year, they sent out offers at 4pm each day, shortly after the CAO offers were released.

But at number 2,800 , I wouldn't get my hopes up. Look at a few off-campus places as a backup. You will slightly increase your chance of getting offered campus if you accept your CAO offer early for UCD.

Note, if you do get offered campus, it might be a very limited choice - note that UCD have campus accommodation in Blackrock but it's not that close to Belfield - it has a poor bus service (a fairly unreliable route 17 runs, but it's moderately frequent), so you'd need a bike!

Anywhere along the main N11 (e.g. Stillorgan) would be a good choice as there's lots of buses that run along that road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Davidmator

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Advertisement