Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

weird problem....

Options
  • 27-07-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

I have a Nissan Almeira 1.5 2001. It works very well.... and had passed the NCT few months ago

Last Saturday I had a problem with the brakes that lasted only few miles.... (weird....)..... The breaks were working very well as usual... suddenly, in a stop, I pressed the breaks pedal with the usual pressure and nothing happened !... for one moment I thought the worst... that I was going to crash.... instinctively I pushed further on the pedal and the breaks worked ! (waw)

for the next 20 minutes I had to press the breaks pedal further than usual to make them work.... as a workaround I could pump few times on the break and they worked as usual.... (for few seconds)

now the breaks works well as usual !!!!....

any ideas ?

thanks !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Could be air in the system which needs to be bled out, or dodgy seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Rear cylinders leaking is my guess. Get it sorted asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It could be a lot of things. Because it is such an important part of the car it is advisable to get a professional to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Is your Brake fluid level above the MIN in the reservoir?

Advertisement