Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Year History

Options
  • 27-07-2011 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone new guy here, first time posting a thread. Just wondering if anyone out there has experience of the following 3rd year history modules;
    Hy385, The Idea of History
    Hy383, American History Special
    Hy366, Modern European History Special
    Specifically wondering if said classes had any significant oral presentation element , as I am trying to avoid this, alot! :)
    Thanks for the assistance in advance and hope I posted this correctly :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jellytotsx

The only one that i'm sure about is HY385,i'd seriously recommend this,John Bradley is an unbelievable legend!You do a 2,500 word essay on an ancient historian (he'll give you a list) and then a 2 hour exam,he gives very very very very good hints!!only thing is no moodle.I did a political history special,i wouldn't recommend this at all and i'd struggle to point out out any good points!harsh but imho true!Also any of the SG history modules are excellent!hope this helped a little bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Couple of my friends did the Idea Of History one and loved it.
    Don't remember them mentioning an oral element.

Advertisement