Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for vinyl owners...

Options
  • 27-07-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I finally found some plastic containers that are the right size for storing 12" records, Homebase are doing them for around €5 a pop, available in a choice of 4 awful colours....I settled for 3 in blue and 3 in red (lime green and bright pink being the alternative)

They hold around 70 records, if you want to stack them as I have you will need to angle the records back slightly.

330tqmu.jpg

25irb10.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Cheers man! Don't have room for more shelves in my current place and they will solve my current problems.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Nice looking out. They have anything suitable for 7"s?
    I'm really short on boxes for those. Have 3 stacks about 50 high beside the decks. Found a foldy up crate thing from Aldi/Lidl but its a bit wide so if you get loads then you end up with loads of wasted space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I should really get some of them but then I'd be admitting to the other half that there's a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Sweet, been looking for summat cheap like these. What kind of red is it? Just wanna make sure it'll make my curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

they look like the job alright, need to do something about my vinyls tbh, they're all over my room the ones i have in my house, the other 1000 or so are down in my cousins gaff doin the same. need to get some sort of storage and filing system sorted soon. cheers for the info ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I've used them, they terrible and they're not sturdy enough imo - your records are in danger of warping and they're just generally really wonky...

You need something like these: http://www.boxline.de/index.php?siteid=34&katid=&artid=04430220E&sub=detail

They're collapsible, and they fit about 120 tunes in them when they're full; they're also well handy for doing the shopping with so buy a spare one.

Recommend taking a trip to Ikea for some shelves though...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

^ Atlantic Homecare/Woodies stock similar fold up/down crates to the above [Red, blue & yellow in colour] for circa e4 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭francois

Recommend taking a trip to Ikea for some shelves though...

I use these -strong enough to take the weight and large enough for the 12"s

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/50103086#/70103085/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I've tried those collapsible jobs before, they might be ok it they are going to be reasonably static, say under a bed or on a shelf but useless if you bring them to gigs. Mine collapsed apart. A cardboard box with reinforced with tape is better.

Still looking for a decent 7" box.

Advertisement