Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you play the game...?

Options
  • 27-07-2011 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a light-hearted one here folks....

I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 7 years. As I'm being encouraged by friends to "get back out there", I need some advice on the rules of dating etc. I havent actually been single since I was 17 and I'm clueless!

For example, one of my friends was texting a guy and needed some sort of meme at the end, I suggested winky face and the looks of absolute horror I got back, coupled with "I don't want him to think I'm a slut!" really put me out! I put winky faces everywhere in my texts!

So, like I said, I'm clueless in today's dating game, what do I need to know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I'd suggest you start by not thinking of it as "the game". Game playing is fairly pathetic, it's usually two people who, for whatever reason, are trying to be controlling, get one over on each other etc. I've never known anyone to end up happy with the results.

The "rules" of dating are really simple - treat people as you'd like to be treated and don't allow yourself to be treated any worse than you'd treat someone.

And stick a winky, smiley or anything else in any text you want, they're supposed to put a tone on what you're saying, not indicate your level of virtue :)

Advertisement