Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek 1400 value

Options
  • 27-07-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Been commuting on my hybrid (with suspension fork and seatpost :rolleyes:) for a while now. I was going to get a road bike through the bike to work, but a mate is selling his trek 1400. It's from 2004. Aluminium with carbon fork. Trek 105 groupset. It's in good nick, but would need a service. Any idea what I should be paying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Would have been around 1200 new i would think but not 100% sure, Ive seen 2year old ones for around 600-700 so going off that id say around 400!(or less) but then i could be off here!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭32yg

Whitehawk wrote: »
    Would have been around 1200 new i would think but not 100% sure, Ive seen 2year old ones for around 600-700 so going off that id say around 400!(or less) but then i could be off here!

I would have thought a little more but i'm not positive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

I'd say 300-400 or so considering it would need a service. Its alu which does have life expentancy (some say 10, some say 20 years), and is now 7 years old. Shimano 105 is a good mid level groupset but it most likley still the 8 or 9 speed 105 (which is now 10). If I saw it for 300 i'd probably go for it, at 400 i'd have to think twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Cheers guys. I was thinking around €300 alright, so I'll see what he says...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

I sold my 2 yr old 2.1 for €550 and it was in very good condition. 300 would be plenty for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

bogmanfan wrote: »
    I was going to get a road bike through the bike to work, but a mate is selling his trek 1400.
    He's your mate. Trust him. Come to a price which you are both happy with or don't buy the bike.

Advertisement