Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Loan of a Bike Rack for Charity Cycle by this friday!

Options
  • 27-07-2011 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,
    Can you help? I live in Rathgar and signed up for Charity Cycle which starts from Mohill this Sat July 30 - http://www.south-leitrim-80k-cycle.com

Must suit an Audi A6 and be idiot-proof for fitting !
    I will collect on Fri Evening and return on Sun Evening or Mon morn whatever suits.

It all for the North West Hospice in Sligo

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Cant help I'm afraid - but cant you take the front and back wheels off and fit it?

I imagine your are talking about a saloon, but the A6 should be able to take it, unless you have too much other stuff/ people etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 7a3jp9sm14od0b

Thanks for your prompt reply - that certainly makes sense. Not a great bike mechanic though. If I cant something handy I may well do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have one, that fits on the ball of a tow bar, if it suits, you can have a loan of it. I live in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

basic bike knowledge..... how to remove wheels. leads to how to fix a puncture................ see where this is going?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,024 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks for your prompt reply - that certainly makes sense. Not a great bike mechanic though. If I can't something handy I may well do that.

Life is like a box of chocolates.

Ooh look, a pie plate!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hi,
    Can you help? I live in Rathgar and signed up for Charity Cycle which starts from Mohill this Sat July 30 - http://www.south-leitrim-80k-cycle.com

Must suit an Audi A6 and be idiot-proof for fitting !
    I will collect on Fri Evening and return on Sun Evening or Mon morn whatever suits.

It all for the North West Hospice in Sligo

Thanks a mill.

If you can fit a bike rack you can remove wheels and saddle! It's a 5 minute job for a newbie!

Thanks for the offer Eamonn - got a basic strap on one locally.If it dosnt work, I'll just try the boot ! Cheers,

Thanks Lumen!

Thats for all the support !....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Thats for all the support !....

I've a very small car in comparison to you - Toyota Auris. I can fit my 59cm road bike into the back of the car by just letting down the back seat. I can even close the boot. Give it a try. It might just fit. The A6 is a pretty big car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement