Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Merlot from Chile

Options
  • 27-07-2011 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My wife's birthday is coming up soon and we are heading away for the weekend. I'm looking for a nice Merlot from Chile for us to enjoy, only starting to drink red wine and its a grape and country we both enjoy.

Normally drink bottles for around 10 quid but want to spend a little more so 20 to 25.......any advice would be great !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

to be perfectly honest stick to the €10 bottles. If you like it then fine but Chilean Merlot should never cost €20 - 25. You could certainly pay that French merlot and you'll get a far more complex and subtle wine. If you like the Chilean stuff, and why not, then just get 3 bottles of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Cheers for that, hate to say it but not a wine snob..........if i like it i'll drink it no matter the label or price !

Advertisement