Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardmans on Wiggle

Options
  • 27-07-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭

...if you change your country to Japan.

BoardmanSan.png

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Wondered what the story was with that, been getting loads of emails from them saying they are now stocking them but the links don't bring anything up. Must be that halfords deal that stops them shipping to Ireland?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I really can't describe how shocked I am ....

.... to see you are only a Wiggle Gold Customer Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

copacetic wrote: »
    Wondered what the story was with that, been getting loads of emails from them saying they are now stocking them but the links don't bring anything up. Must be that halfords deal that stops them shipping to Ireland?

...and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Beasty wrote: »
    I really can't describe how shocked I am ....

.... to see you are only a Wiggle Gold Customer Lumen

and his shopping basket is empty....bloody disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

AFAIK, one can buy a Boardman from Wiggle so long as it is to be shipped to anywhere other than Ireland or the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

A couple of things

If I read that right, the team carbon road bike is €600 cheaper on that site than Halfords are selling it for here.

I looked up the Cube Agree GTC Pro on a German cube site. It too is selling for around €600 cheaper on that site than it retails for here. I'm beginning to wonder is this difference something to do with Bike to Work.....:rolleyes:

And finally, a Halfords branch up north has the 2010 Boardman Team Carbon on sale for £999. I want to buy it on the BTW scheme, but they don't do internal transfers to here from the north, nor will they accept Euro cheques up there either. Bye bye Boardman so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

shamwari wrote: »
    A couple of things

If I read that right, the team carbon road bike is €600 cheaper on that site than Halfords are selling it for here.

I looked up the Cube Agree GTC Pro on a German cube site. It too is selling for around €600 cheaper on that site than it retails for here. I'm beginning to wonder is this difference something to do with Bike to Work.....:rolleyes:

And finally, a Halfords branch up north has the 2010 Boardman Team Carbon on sale for £999. I want to buy it on the BTW scheme, but they don't do internal transfers to here from the north, nor will they accept Euro cheques up there either. Bye bye Boardman so :(

Most likely due there not being tax on them if they're being shipped to Japan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Most likely due there not being tax on them if they're being shipped to Japan?
    Good point, you are probably right. Just checked prices to Germany and they appear the same as Halfords here.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

Lumen wrote: »
    ...if you change your country to Japan.

how, HOW? did you discover that???

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

how, HOW? did you discover that???

I was shopping for used panties.

• Advertisement
Advertisement