Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer wanted for busy covers band

Options
  • 27-07-2011 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

We're based in the South East area. Must have gigging experience and have played for a good while. Own transport needed. Must be available to gig and practice ANYTIME. Own kit needed. We gig all over the country so you must be willing to travel. Must be willing to play any music, we've had drummers before refuse to learn certain tunes just because they didnt like them or thought them to be "mainstream dirt", this is a covers band after all and we cater for everyone, so leave the ego at the door.
    Bit about us... We have a full pro setup, lights etc. Setlist wise its the normally run of the mill, rock and pop, modern and classics, tho we try to add a few quarky ones. Have gigged lots and have lots of experience. Very busy calender coming up. You will be paid for all gigs, bar the odd Charity gig. Any further question please ask!!

Peace!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bridrum

Bandmate wrote: »
    We're based in the South East area. Must have gigging experience and have played for a good while. Own transport needed. Must be available to gig and practice ANYTIME. Own kit needed. We gig all over the country so you must be willing to travel. Must be willing to play any music, we've had drummers before refuse to learn certain tunes just because they didnt like them or thought them to be "mainstream dirt", this is a covers band after all and we cater for everyone, so leave the ego at the door.
    Bit about us... We have a full pro setup, lights etc. Setlist wise its the normally run of the mill, rock and pop, modern and classics, tho we try to add a few quarky ones. Have gigged lots and have lots of experience. Very busy calender coming up. You will be paid for all gigs, bar the odd Charity gig. Any further question please ask!!

Peace!
    Where are yee based and where do yee practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Libertine2002

Hi lads, currently playing with a reasonably high profile covers band round the country, based in the south east also. I won't mention the band here, it's a small country! Over 10 years experience on the scene. I'm a percussion (and guitar) teacher also at a private academy so I can play and read just about any style. Click tracks and electronics are no problem either if that's something you guys dabble with.

Anyway, having the same trouble with my current band, personal taste getting in the way of progress, well amongst other differences (which I'm no part of by the way, I'm too easy going!) Ye sound like ye have your heads firmly screwed on, PM me for my number if you want to chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bandmate

Any Vids lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 johnc1118

hey john here 19 year old experienced drummer based in county wexford playin over 5/6 years in various cover bands and original bands and also some fill in work for other bands.. have high end professional gear and can travel.. well used to learning mountains of stuff in a short time frame.. such as a 30 song set list in 3 or so days and am used to improv-ing as i had to play a 3 hour set list for a friends band at the last second.. dedicated committed musician looking for a new band.. heres a few clips of me playing get back to me if ya like what ye see.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWAiic4ckg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYacofjrJE
    New youtube channel ;) ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/milkwasabaadchoice?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/czmaEqEiw4Q

Sorry, no vids man, I left my ego at the door :D! Plenty recordings lying round here somewhere though from previous bands. I'll dig em out.

• Advertisement

Can you PM me the name of the band?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Peace!
    Hi lads, currently playing with a reasonably high profile covers band round the country, based in the south east also. I won't mention the band here, it's a small country! Over 10 years experience on the scene. I'm a percussion (and guitar) teacher also at a private academy so I can play and read just about any style. Click tracks and electronics are no problem either if that's something you guys dabble with.

Anyway, having the same trouble with my current band, personal taste getting in the way of progress, well amongst other differences (which I'm no part of by the way, I'm too easy going!) Ye sound like ye have your heads firmly screwed on, PM me for my number if you want to chat.

Would it be funny if you guys we're in the same band at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 s3bl3x

Any Vids lads?

Ive pm'd you.

I have vids but if your on the scene you will know me or know of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bandmate

Slot filled guys, thanks for the interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Slot filled guys, thanks for the interest!
    Thread closed in that case.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement